[Bug Report] Night Light doesn't emit light anymore.

Like many times before I crafted my Night Light,

to make use of those 120 nightmare fuels I gathered with my Guts Mod

(he has only 40 sanity and is insane all the time, so I bath in fuel)

BUT

my good ol Night Light doesn't produce light anymore,

so I am still proud of my Night Light, but it doesn't do anything now.

What is a real shame, because it was the best item in the game before.

Please dear people from Klei and Capy,

save my little Night Light and make it usefull again.

Thanks. ^^

post-680894-0-42134100-1451414012.png  "Please Klei make me OP again."

Edit:

I tested it without my Guts Mod (without any mod at all)

and it still doesn't work, no insanity aura, no light, but it will consume nightmare fuel.

Looks like the last update changed the master list of prefab files. The culprit is scripts/prefablist.lua, which is now missing "nightlight_flame", causing the Night Light to break when it tries to spawn one. Add it back in and the Night Light functions as expected:

"mushtree",  "nightlight",  "nightlight_flame",  "nightmare_timepiece",  "nightmarecreature",

BROKEN! Devs, the following prefab files were removed from the list and are required for the game to function correctly:

• nightlight_flame - The fire on Night Light.
  • paired_maxwelllight - Defines prefabs horizontal_maxwelllight, quad_maxwelllight and vertical_maxwelllght, used to spawn groups of Maxwell Lights for the epilogue of Adventure mode.

These prefab files were also removed, but aren't needed:

• brokenwalls - Defines prefabs brokenwall_grass, brokenwell_ruins, brokenwall_stone and brokenwall_wood. This seems to be deprecated in favor of walls.lua, which has brokenness built-in.
  • devtool - A debugging tool capable of performing any kind of work.
  • phonograph - Defines prefabs phonograph_box, phonograph_complete, phonograph_cone, phonograph_crank and phonograph_gears. Unfinished items that appear to be a precursor to the teleportato.
  • researchmachine - A deprecated file with no contents. Superseded by scienceprototyper.lua and magicprototyper.lua.
  • ruin - A deprecated file with no contents. Was apparently the original world prefab for ruins, which is currently built on the caves prefab.
  • stairs - Defines prefab cave_stairs. Looks like a partial port of the Don't Starve Together cave entrance/exit setup.
  • tree_clump - Defines prefab treeclump, which is... a clump of trees. Doesn't do anything but get in the way.
  • unlockable_players - Doesn't directly define any prefabs. I haven't looked at it enough to see what it does.

post-331005-0-51544400-1451424355_thumb.

Archived