Idea for RoG/DS and SW merge

"RoG/"DS" to "SW":

While on "Main Island" (RoG/DS) you can build a "Ship", it should use a large amount of materials to create. It would have a limit on how many things you can bring with you like the "Teleportato" however have 9 slots instead of 4 (Upon "Shipwrecking" it will choose 4 slots of items you keep and the rest would be scattered across the whole map in "Floating Crates" with 1 item per Crate). Unlike like the "Teleportato" once you use the "Ship", you will then be moved to the "Tropical Islands" (SW) 10-20 days forward (So lets say you are playing "RoG" and your on day 102, and the game decides 18 days forward; you will "Shipwreck" on day 120/ start "SW" on 120)(Note: The day increase does not need to exist, this is just to simulate travel). This will always regenerate the "Tropical Islands" (SW) even if you've been there before (This is due to the fact you'd never shipwreck in the same place twice, this also makes you rethink returning to the "Main Island" (RoG/DS).

"SW" to "RoG"/"DS":

To get back to the Main Island the "Teleportato" in "SW" allows you to choose if you want to start on the "Main Island" (RoG/DS) or the "Tropical Islands" (SW).

Additional "SW" to "RoG"/"DS":

In "SW" there is also another option other than the "Teleportato" to getting back to the "Main Island" (RoG/DS) which would be the "Giant Electric Isosceles" (Or the Hurricane itself, I thought of this later on but I'm unsure which would be more fitting since both get you lost but only the Hurricane could explain you landing in the middle of land) you can send yourself back to the "Main Island" without it regenerating the "Main Island" (RoG/DS) and keeping all items on you. The "Giant Electric Isosceles" would only have a 45% chance to appear in the middle of a random "Deep Ocean" during "Hurricane Season". "Giant Electric Isosceles" commonly have "Floaty Boaty Knights" nearby (These Despawn with the "Giant Electric Isosceles" after "Hurricane Season"). "Floaty Boaty Knights" spawned by the "Giant Electric Isosceles" has a 15% chance of dropping 1 Gear instead of a 100% chance of dropping 4. "Floaty Boaty Knights" spawned by the "Giant Electric Isosceles" are only spawned upon initial creation of the "Giant Electric Isosceles" not a continuous spawning of them. The "Giant Electric Isosceles" will always spawn half a map away from the player.

Expansion Options:

When you make a character you currently select "DS", "RoG" or "SW". I feel like it should be consolidated into "Default", "Expansions" and "Custom". "Default" would have none of the "RoG" or "SW" content; "Expansions" would have the "RoG" and "SW" content meaning going back and forth from the "Main Island" (RoG) and the "Tropical Islands" (SW); Lastly, "Custom" would allow you to select which expansions were active "RoG" and "SW" at this point in time (If for example a third expansion came out we could choose any combination of the 3 assuming one didn't require another). With only "RoG" enabled, all of the "SW" content would be non-existent as it functions now and with only "SW" enabled, all of the "RoG" content would be non-existent as it functions now.

Character Changes:

The 4 new Characters, "Walani" and etc. all have the passive perk that they start "Shipwrecked" while "RoG" and "SW" are both enabled. Note: This does not change anything if only "SW" is enabled, if "SW" is the only thing enabled all characters start "Shipwrecked"/On the "Tropical Islands" (SW).

Really don't like the idea of moving 10 days forward

Doesn't really need to be a thing, I just thought it should go forward due to the sailing time.

Edit: Added a note about this as well as tried to make the Floaty Boaty Knights less "Spawn and forget".

That sounds too complicated honestly, I wish they would just make SW an instanced area like the caves.

With easy entry and exits.

If they put limits on what you can take and/or reset your prototyping then that is kinda pointless.

1) Why its complicated;

Alot of people are saying that the materials in RoG are too good for things in SW or viseversa and I tend to agree with them. This fixes that while also not excluding them from eachother.

2) Limits;

The reason the entrance is limited is stated by 1, however I did not say anything about reseting your prototyping.

Don't want to be rude.

You are overthinking this problem, because it's a very simple one. The portal between worlds would be useless if we couldn't transport resources back and forth. Although there was a mention that it would take some effort.

I assume we will able transfer what we want, its just that we will have to repair the portal every time before we use it or something like that. Some items like old bell might just not work in SW and that could also solve some technical issues. I do not see what balance is needed here.

You will be given the freedom to combine resources, structures from both worlds at your own discretion and have fun building what you want.

Archived