[Gameplay] - Koalefants not waking up

_Q_

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay
Issue Title: Koalefants not waking up
Issue Description: If you connect to dedicated server Koalefants that sleep during night wont wake up when you get close to them, so you can just walk to them and hit them without any problems.
Steps to Reproduce: Connect to dedicated server.
Find koalefant.
Wait for night.
Get close to the koalefant.

vrsmt3.jpg

3 torches later:

2mw739t.jpg

Heh, and here I thought that was normal behavior.

(If I don't have a boomerang this is pretty normal for me:  find koala, wait until it goes to sleep, walk up to it, HIT IT!, . . . , Profit!

You can still do it in single player Don't Starve, but you must be fast, there is bearly room for 1 hit if you are fast enough, here Koalefant don't wake up at all, tested few times, seems to be issue for clinets connected to dedicated servers, while hosting and playing normal game there was nothing wrong in Kolafeants behavior.

may be a change too. Not everything is same with ds as we know. for example goat ai is changed, bearger ai is modified, same for birds in cage etc.. But all changes are nerf but this is kinda buff if its a change. old way is not really hard too. go hit him if u stand near him he wakes up and escapes. so keep your distance to let him sleep again and attack.. Not really too different than this one.

well long as not confirmed, we cannot know.. Someone who knows programming can also answer to this question by checking codes. though, as i said, not really an important thing if u ask me. too easy to kill both ways, if he wakes up keep ur distance to put him to sleep again and dont miss this time... Piece of cake.

well long as not confirmed, we cannot know.. Someone who knows programming can also answer to this question by checking codes. though, as i said, not really an important thing if u ask me. too easy to kill both ways, if he wakes up keep ur distance to put him to sleep again and dont miss this time... Piece of cake.

What you want to confirm?

I got you everything right here.

If you connect as client to dedicated server, koalefants wont wake up.

If you use host and play they do wake up, like they should.

Is there something more to confirm here?

I don't think different behavior of the same animal for client and host is intnetional at all.

i did not say to you... What I said was, we do not know if it was changed or not. You just assume it is a bug, but maybe devs changed the codes to make it work like that OR maybe whatever you said is true and this is bugged for some reason...  Because there are some mobs that dont wake up when you get close and this may be a little change... So we need a confirmation if it is intentional or not capish?

If its a bug no prob, they will look into it. So I said nothing to make people too excited or angry :-). It is a bug report and if this is a bug it will be fixed for sure. What i guess this is bugged but i dont have any knowledge to confirm this going through codes.

In both cases, i am down with a harder koalafant... So if it is a change, they should re-edit codes to roll it back.

Line 28:     return DefaultWakeTest(inst) or inst:IsNear(ThePlayer, WAKE_TO_RUN_DISTANCE)	Line 32:     return DefaultSleepTest(inst) and not inst:IsNear(ThePlayer, SLEEP_NEAR_ENEMY_DISTANCE)

It is a bug.

Should be something like:

local function ShouldWakeUp(inst)	local x, y, z = inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition()    return DefaultWakeTest(inst) or IsAnyPlayerInRange(x, y, z, WAKE_TO_RUN_DISTANCE)endlocal function ShouldSleep(inst)	local x, y, z = inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition()    return DefaultSleepTest(inst) and not IsAnyPlayerInRange(x, y, z, SLEEP_NEAR_ENEMY_DISTANCE)end

Archived