Rock Monster Idea/Suggestion

Hi Klei,

I really like your game! I've been playing it for a week and love the strange world and learning more about it, and trying not to starve. The art style has really grown on me too.

So I didn't really like the idea of rock running out in the surface world (I know there are caves but they're not in DST yet and you have to go underground) so I have an idea:

This guy means rock is a renewable resource. Perhaps he plants new boulders when he's roaming, or just drops rocks - its more just a quick idea, nothing set in stone...

I'll get my coat.

VnMeHqB.jpg

Hi Klei,

I really like your game! I've been playing it for a week and love the strange world and learning more about it, and trying not to starve. The art style has really grown on me too.

So I didn't really like the idea of rock running out in the surface world (I know there are caves but they're not in DST yet and you have to go underground) so I have an idea:

This guy means rock is a renewable resource. Perhaps he plants new boulders when he's roaming, or just drops rocks - its more just a quick idea, nothing set in stone...

I'll get my coat.

VnMeHqB.jpg

i can see a pun there

It would be even better if he pooped out the rocks as either single rock walls or cut stones.

...because then he poops bricks...

...teehee.

Nahh,This guy eats rock and poop out minions,minions will later turn to him and eat it again.Rockception

The pun is Nothing set in STONE

I implore you, people, does this suggestion not deserve to see the light of day again?! O__O

(I know, "necro", but I had an idea like this, but then I remembered someone else beat me to it... by like, months... O__O)

So think about it this way, a Tree Guard... but for rocks. BOOM O__O

Golem, Rock Guard... but for the overworld

• Is present on world gen
  • Spawns in rocky biomes and/or meteor biomes
  • is tough(er) than rock lobsters
  • is easily pacified (probably by leaving the area/biome it spawned in... resets its position much like clockworks)
  • poops minerals as OP states

Probably just have 3-5 spawning per world for balance issues... what issues they may be, I haven't calculated yet. O__O

Thank you.

16 hours ago, Asparagus said:

I implore you, people, does this suggestion not deserve to see the light of day again?! O__O

(I know, "necro", but I had an idea like this, but then I remembered someone else beat me to it... by like, months... O__O)

So think about it this way, a Tree Guard... but for rocks. BOOM O__O

Golem, Rock Guard... but for the overworld

• Is present on world gen
  • Spawns in rocky biomes and/or meteor biomes
  • is tough(er) than rock lobsters
  • is easily pacified (probably by leaving the area/biome it spawned in... resets its position much like clockworks)
  • poops minerals as OP states

Probably just have 3-5 spawning per world for balance issues... what issues they may be, I haven't calculated yet. O__O

Thank you.

Yeah, on a lot of public servers, esp. endless servers a couple of in-game years old,  I see quarries that are completely barren.  Large quarries with not a single rock in sight.  This would help mitigate that; noobs who take a lot of resources will run as far away from the quarries as they can when this guy pops up.  If he spawns new boulders, even better!  Maybe give him a chance to fall in a metor storm.

I had an idea just like this. While mining rock there's a 5% chance for it to turn into a Rock Guard. Rock Guards have 3000 health but have a slower attack speed than Tree Guards. They'll have the same attack pattern though. By killing the Rock Guard you'll obtain 5 living stone, 5 stone and 5 gold. You can use living stone instead of stone to make living tools. Living tools have twice as much durability and can give random lines of text.

Archived