I was wondering why don't you add a corruption to Don't Starve were it slowly creeps through the world so you have to prepare for it like terraria were you have to slow it down and sometimes stop it terraria made this happen interestingly were after the boss was killed they added the corruption hollow and corruption sped up. if you added corruption types to the world and places were they come from it would make the game a little harder and a lot more interesting. 

I guess they could make the the swamp turf grow over time... or something similar to the Spider Den creep...

Could you elaborate on some specifics like what would trigger the "corruption" and what kind of corruption do you mean exactly for DS/DST?

What would be the effects of such an event on the "world"?

Well it would make the most sense in DST but i would be awesome in DS vanilla but what I was think in an area there would be a special biome it would be called cursed or corrupted and it would slowly spread it would be past a bridge that looks special it would be white bricks and there would be a pool separating the water would slowly go corrupt and the bridge would too after a while the bridge would go black and it would start going over land it would be very slow there would be special mob spawns that would be very powerful but couldnt leave the biome lets say after 3 season it would start then after the fourth there would be a boss event the would summon boss like creatures (I would like it to be a corrupted unicorn that's black and silver) that would try to corrupt a biome it has spread too it wont spread from one biome till it fully takes over the first and because it takes a large amount of time it wouldn't have spread through that biome yet and the mobs after they corrupted that biome would leave so you have to manage this event and you could slow it with an item lets say its made with food items and or other items and it would slow it down like a dampener if you had enough it would stop it, and this item would take days to destroy and then you would have to replace it the corruption mobs would be as powerful as a lets say a pigmen but that's health wise and dmging like a tentacle spike the could be a multitude of different things to me it would be intesting to make 2 diffrent types the dark and light corruption both side would try to kill you but you would have to pick which area you wanted to build in corrupted dark or corrupted light so it gives you a choice between lost of enemy that deal less and have less health or a big monsters that have lots of health. I hope this helps paint a picture  :willowilson:  :love_heart:  :love-struck:

2 diffrent types the dark and light corruption both side would try to kill you but you would have to pick which area you wanted to build in corrupted dark or corrupted light so it gives you a choice between lost of enemy that deal less and have less health or a big monsters that have lots of health. I hope this helps paint a picture 

Interesting concept... I was actually trying to push a "war" concept between merms and pigs too... I could imagine the "corruption" springing not from a specific biome but from the caves since the ruins are a place of nightmare corruption... though both are yet to be implemented in DST...

lore wise, I think it would be a bit difficult to implement... but it would make an interesting mod though...

"Light" Corruption? O__O

I would like it to be a corrupted unicorn that's black and silver
So what you're trying to say is you want a black and silver volt goat...THAT WOULD BE BEAUTIFUL & MAJESTIC...also i think wigfrid would love this unicorn that's black and silver 

As a fan of both games, I can tell you that implementing that would be really unfair unless you had some early game way to get rid of it. The individual biomes are way too important to risk getting destroyed (beefalo being the prime example).

As a fan of both games, I can tell you that implementing that would be really unfair unless you had some early game way to get rid of it. The individual biomes are way too important to risk getting destroyed (beefalo being the prime example).

I was saying it would take a very long time for it to actually get into another biome

it would take 50 odd days at the least 

So what you're trying to say is you want a black and silver volt goat...THAT WOULD BE BEAUTIFUL & MAJESTIC...also i think wigfrid would love this unicorn that's black and silver 

They would be evil and would hunt you down if you were in the biome when it was being corrupted :p it might be magical but don't hug it 

Interesting concept... I was actually trying to push a "war" concept between merms and pigs too... I could imagine the "corruption" springing not from a specific biome but from the caves since the ruins are a place of nightmare corruption... though both are yet to be implemented in DST...

lore wise, I think it would be a bit difficult to implement... but it would make an interesting mod though...

"Light" Corruption? O__O

Light corrution hollow rainbow in the background, as well as similarly whimsical-looking (though dangerous) monsters so A dangerous but beautiful place 

I will try to answer any questions or any random comment about this idea when I get to it 

I actually thought of something after A while i should also seep into the caves from a pillar below that would have a intricate design I would slow start to corrupt and when it was done It would start the corruption in the caves but it would start at maybe 150 days to make it fair to players 

This would be a good setting in the world options; default being 'off'. 

It kind of regenerates the idea of the DS world being finite. Before caves the world basically was; eventually you'd run out of tools. There were ways of surviving but not thriving. Also the escalation of hound waves kind of adds to the idea that eventually they will overrun you, but of course they are capped at a totally manageable amount (for various reasons). 

Corruption slowly spreading would basically mean it gets harder and harder to survive until eventually you can't. Would be pretty cool seeing how long you could last! 

This would be a good setting in the world options; default being 'off'. 

It kind of regenerates the idea of the DS world being finite. Before caves the world basically was; eventually you'd run out of tools. There were ways of surviving but not thriving. Also the escalation of hound waves kind of adds to the idea that eventually they will overrun you, but of course they are capped at a totally manageable amount (for various reasons). 

Corruption slowly spreading would basically mean it gets harder and harder to survive until eventually you can't. Would be pretty cool seeing how long you could last! 

You would learn to survive it wouldn't be impossible to survive you would learn how there would be items that you might be able to get from bosses that come from the hollow/corruption and it would help defeat monster lets say it's a turret and it cost a lot of items it would be end game Items to defend your base but you would be able to it would be infinite not finite 

Archived