[GUIDE] How to create Set Pieces...

Okay I am trying to use this to put 1 layout on the level. and i want it to go in any task. is there an easy way to populate tasks = {} will all possible tasks including those from mods?

also can you do this sort of thing with prefabs. like a unique world object that is spawned at random on the level.

Edited by afetogbo

@afetogbo, the answer to your first question is yes there is an easy way of doing that.

require("map/tasks")local tasks = tasks.sampletasks

This is how tasks work.

map/tasks.lua

local tasklist = {}function AddTask(name, data)	table.insert(tasklist, Task(name, data))endtasks = {	sampletasks = tasklist,	oneofeverything = everything_sample,	GetTaskByName = GetTaskByName,} 

To expand on what I mean, is you will need to iterate through the tasks obtaining the name of each and inserting them in to a new table.

require("map/tasks")local tasklist = tasks.sampletaskslocal task_names = {} for _, task in pairs(tasklist) do   table.insert(task_names, task.id)end  

The answer to your second question is irrelevant to the topic at hand. Spawning unique world objects at random can be done in a similar method. I will be creating a new tutorial for that with wrapper sample code to make it easy to do. However, I will say it is possible and like creating Set Pieces traditionally it requires a massive amount of code to do it correctly. Keep your eye on the forums over the next couple of days for a fully working tutorial on spawning world objects.

Edit:

Expanded on what I meant about how to properly obtain task names.

Edited by Kzisor

I put the second code block in my modwoldgenmain.lua and i get this error modworldgenmain.lua"]:135: attempt to index global 'tasks' (a nil value)

line 135 is local tasklist = tasks.sampletasks

before this i was trying to access tasklist from tasks.lua but I couldn't figure a way of doing it. That makes me feel good that I was on the right track although still a noob at all this.

I put the second code block in my modwoldgenmain.lua and i get this error modworldgenmain.lua"]:135: attempt to index global 'tasks' (a nil value)

line 135 is local tasklist = tasks.sampletasks

before this i was trying to access tasklist from tasks.lua but I couldn't figure a way of doing it. That makes me feel good that I was on the right track although still a noob at all this.

I've modified the actual code to change local tasks = tasks.sampletasks into local task_names = tasks.sampletasks.

You may have to put GLOBAL.tasks.sampletasks to make it work right if you're not using my mod environment from the downloads page.