Autodisable is problematic when it comes to bug fixing

So I'm a novice Don't Starve modder and I recently created a mod which crashed Don't Starve Together Beta.  I made a slight adjustment in an attempt to fix it however Don't Starve Together Beta autodisables the mod and then crashes.  Could someone tell me how I can turn off the auto mod disable? thank you.

ok right, could you please take a look at this in that case; I'm trying to have the character's max health as 100 + current sanity and this is the code:

inst.components.health:SetMaxHealth(100+(self.inst.replica.sanity:Current))

This is all I've changed to break the mod, what have I done wrong?

ok right, could you please take a look at this in that case; I'm trying to have the character's max health as 100 + current sanity and this is the code:

inst.components.health:SetMaxHealth(100+(self.inst.replica.sanity:Current))

This is all I've changed to break the mod, what have I done wrong?

I'm not totally familiar with DST's workings yet, but I believe replica components aren't really used by prefabs directly like that.

Try changing

self.inst.replica.sanity:Current

to

inst.components.sanity.current

If that doesn't work, you should probably post in the DST-specific mod forums.

@Destiny8Chicken, @debugman18,

I'm not familiar with the DST API either, but presumably you are trying to reference self, which is a nonexistent variable.  Self is often defined as a local variable inside of a class definition or function, and doesn't mean anything unless you have a self variable outside of the function.

In any case you can always check your log file to see what went wrong.  Just search this forum for log figure out where to find that.

In the future though, you'll probably have better results asking DST questions in the DST modding forum ;)

@Destiny8Chicken, @debugman18,

I'm not familiar with the DST API either, but presumably you are trying to reference self, which is a nonexistent variable.  Self is often defined as a local variable inside of a class definition or function, and doesn't mean anything unless you have a self variable outside of the function.

In any case you can always check your log file to see what went wrong.  Just search this forum for log figure out where to find that.

In the future though, you'll probably have better results asking DST questions in the DST modding forum ;)

I'm aware that self was being used incorrectly there. That's why I didn't include it in my correction. :p

I'm also almost 100% sure that replica components aren't used explicitly like that.

I figured self should at least be mentioned since that's what was causing the problem O.o

In any case, I have quite a bit to learn about the DST API, but I'm not sure what would prevent replica components being used like that, apart from it being improper use(i.e. shouldn't but can, technically).

Thanks for all your posts, debugman18 came closest to fixing the problem however whilst the game worked, the max health was kept at 300, not being affected by the actual sanity level, so sanity seemed to be a constant of 200 for some reason, however I'm going to take your advice and put this in the DST beta modding forums, thanks for all your help

Archived