Need help with custom mod script - Lyph

StalkinU

Hey folks,

I am trying to build a female version of webber.

Lyph,

She who would be Queen.

pic extension not accepted...

Problem 2.

I need Lyph to not get agro'd by spiders, that part works..

But I need spider queen to still go agro on Lyph, this is an important part of manifesting Lyph's personality.

How would I extend this part of her code,so that her spiderwhisperer tag ignores the spider queen

-- todo: Add an example special power here.	inst:AddTag("spiderwhisperer")    inst:AddTag("monster")    inst.components.locomotor.triggerscreep = false

Problem 3. ---SOLVED---

Can't seem to feed spiders meat.

Need to find the code that triggers this possibility.

What I did was,

I included "spider" in the mainmod.lua prefabs.  Spider.lua is loaded from script\prefab folder regardless

Then I copy pasted spider.lua to the scripts folder.

I then proceeded to adding this piece of code.

local function ShouldAcceptItem(inst, item, giver)    if giver.prefab ~= "webber" then        return false    end    if inst.components.sleeper:IsAsleep() then        return false    end        if inst.components.eater:CanEat(item) then        return true    endendlocal function ShouldAcceptItem(inst, item, giver)    if giver.prefab ~= "lyph" then        return false    end    if inst.components.sleeper:IsAsleep() then        return false    end        if inst.components.eater:CanEat(item) then        return true    endend

Problem 1. ---SOLVED---

I copy pasted some code from webber's script\prefab file.

However the entire local function custom_init(inst) doesn't work.

How can I make this work?

Here's the scripts\prefabs\lyph.lua

local MakePlayerCharacter = require "prefabs/player_common"local assets = {        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_basic.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_idles_shiver.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_axe.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_pickaxe.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_shovel.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_blowdart.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_eat.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_item.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_uniqueitem.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_bugnet.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_fishing.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_boomerang.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_bush_hat.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_attacks.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_idles.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_rebirth.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_jump.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_amulet_resurrect.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_teleport.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/wilson_fx.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_one_man_band.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/shadow_hands.zip" ),        Asset( "SOUND", "sound/sfx.fsb" ),        Asset( "SOUND", "sound/wilson.fsb" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/beard.zip" ),		-- Don't forget to include your character's custom assets!        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/lyph.zip" ),}local prefabs = {}local start_inv = {	"spidereggsack",	"monstermeat",	"monstermeat",}local function custom_init(inst)	inst:AddTag("spiderwhisperer")	inst:AddTag("monster")	inst.components.locomotor.triggerscreep = false	inst.components.eater.monsterimmune = true	inst.components.health:SetMaxHealth(TUNING.WEBBER_HEALTH)	inst.components.hunger:SetMax(TUNING.WEBBER_HUNGER)	inst.components.sanity:SetMax(TUNING.WEBBER_SANITY)	local nest_recipe = Recipe("spidereggsack", {Ingredient("silk", 12), Ingredient("spidergland", 6), Ingredient("papyrus", 6)}, RECIPETABS.TOWN, TECH.NONE)	nest_recipe.sortkey = 1	STRINGS.RECIPE_DESC.SPIDEREGGSACK = "Get a little help from your friends."endlocal fn = function(inst)		-- choose which sounds this character will play	inst.soundsname = "wolfgang"	-- a minimap icon must be specified	inst.MiniMapEntity:SetIcon( "wilson.png" )	-- todo: Add an example special power here.endreturn MakePlayerCharacter("lyph", prefabs, assets, fn, start_inv, custom_init)

Here's the new code.

local MakePlayerCharacter = require "prefabs/player_common"  local assets = {         Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_basic.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_idles_shiver.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_axe.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_pickaxe.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_shovel.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_blowdart.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_eat.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_item.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_uniqueitem.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_bugnet.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_fishing.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_actions_boomerang.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_bush_hat.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_attacks.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_idles.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_rebirth.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_jump.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_amulet_resurrect.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_teleport.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/wilson_fx.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/player_one_man_band.zip" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/shadow_hands.zip" ),        Asset( "SOUND", "sound/sfx.fsb" ),        Asset( "SOUND", "sound/wilson.fsb" ),        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/beard.zip" ),         -- Don't forget to include your character's custom assets!        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/lyph.zip" ),}local prefabs = {} local start_inv ={    "spidereggsack",    "monstermeat",    "monstermeat",} local fn = function(inst)         -- choose which sounds this character will play    inst.soundsname = "webber"     -- a minimap icon must be specified    inst.MiniMapEntity:SetIcon( "webber.png" )     -- todo: Add an example special power here.	inst:AddTag("spiderwhisperer")    inst:AddTag("monster")    inst.components.locomotor.triggerscreep = false     inst.components.eater.monsterimmune = true     inst.components.health:SetMaxHealth(TUNING.WEBBER_HEALTH)    inst.components.hunger:SetMax(TUNING.WEBBER_HUNGER)    inst.components.sanity:SetMax(TUNING.WEBBER_SANITY)     local nest_recipe = Recipe("spidereggsack", {Ingredient("silk", 12), Ingredient("spidergland", 6), Ingredient("papyrus", 6)}, RECIPETABS.TOWN, TECH.NONE)    nest_recipe.sortkey = 1    STRINGS.RECIPE_DESC.SPIDEREGGSACK = "Get a little help from your subjects."end   return MakePlayerCharacter("lyph", prefabs, assets, fn, start_inv)

you may need to search the files for things related to spiderwhisperer, spiderhat, and the spiderqueen to see if you can find a specific line of code that you could manipulate to allow the spider queen to agro in the master_postinit and to have spiderwhisperer activate in the common_postinit so that it has a priority to agro instead of be friendly. im not sure if this would work or not. i have the flower tag on mine, but it doesnt consistantly attract bees and butterflies sometimes.

i imagine a line something like inst.component.fillerword.agro = true. but again. im unsure. might be a good idea to base your solution path off of.

you may need to search the files for things related to spiderwhisperer, spiderhat, and the spiderqueen to see if you can find a specific line of code that you could manipulate to allow the spider queen to agro in the master_postinit and to have spiderwhisperer activate in the common_postinit so that it has a priority to agro instead of be friendly. im not sure if this would work or not. i have the flower tag on mine, but it doesnt consistantly attract bees and butterflies sometimes.

i imagine a line something like inst.component.fillerword.agro = true. but again. im unsure. might be a good idea to base your solution path off of.

Hmm, could this work?

local events=

{

EventHandler("detected", function(inst)

if inst:HasTag("spider_queen") then

agro = true

end

end

}

I feel like this would be the easiest way to get this done.

No idea if detected is an actual even tho.

hmm. possibly. im not sure about scripting much in practice but i know that might be able to work if it is either activated before spiderwhisperer or is tailored TO spiderwhisperer as an exception. if you figure out how to make it work, then i would really like to know as it would help me assist people with simular problems and assist me with troubleshooting certain problems. try it :D

hmm. possibly. im not sure about scripting much in practice but i know that might be able to work if it is either activated before spiderwhisperer or is tailored TO spiderwhisperer as an exception. if you figure out how to make it work, then i would really like to know as it would help me assist people with simular problems and assist me with troubleshooting certain problems. try it :grin:

Uhm, if you could let me know how to spawn spider queen using the console.

Then I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Another way would be to expend the locomote component.

if inst:HasTag("spider_queen") theninst.components.locomotor.triggerscreep = trueelseinst.components.locomotor.triggerscreep = false

c_spawn("spiderqueen", 1)

notice btw that in your code you typed spider_queen. the debug spawn name for the queen is as i wrote it. so you would need to at least change it to spiderqueen in order for it to be able to react to the queen.

Aahh lol, thanks for that.

I'm using a spider_warrior tag as a reference xD

Okido, bed time.

@Mobbstar,

Your idea fixed it, updated main post.

Lets see how godlike you really are :razz:

@WitchDoctEr16

So far I tried this,

local fn = function(inst)         -- choose which sounds this character will play    inst.soundsname = "webber"     -- a minimap icon must be specified    inst.MiniMapEntity:SetIcon( "webber.png" )     -- todo: Add an example special power here.				if inst:HasTag("spiderqueen") then			        inst.components.locomotor.triggerscreep = true			        else				inst.components.locomotor.triggerscreep = false		        end    inst:AddTag("spiderwhisperer")    inst:AddTag("monster")

and this,

local fn = function(inst)         -- choose which sounds this character will play    inst.soundsname = "webber"     -- a minimap icon must be specified    inst.MiniMapEntity:SetIcon( "webber.png" )     -- todo: Add an example special power here.		    inst:AddTag("spiderwhisperer")    inst:AddTag("monster")if inst:HasTag("spiderqueen") then	inst.components.locomotor.triggerscreep = true		else		inst.components.locomotor.triggerscreep = falseend

Neither of them worked, I'm assuming that is because triggercreep only checks if spiders should spawn while walking on webbing.

honestly it would probably be easier to set up the spiderhat ability to be permanant instead of using spiderwhisperer. they are pretty similar, but that the queen attacks a spiderhat wearing character. so if you could figure that out it would probably be easier than the amount of code ur trying to set up here. (spiderqueen isnt a tag, its an entity in the game. that wouldnt work unless you set up an event handler attached to spiderwhisperer that reacts on spiderqueen spawnings. spiderhat is probably what you should try towards instead of this.)

honestly it would probably be easier to set up the spiderhat ability to be permanant instead of using spiderwhisperer. they are pretty similar, but that the queen attacks a spiderhat wearing character. so if you could figure that out it would probably be easier than the amount of code ur trying to set up here. (spiderqueen isnt a tag, its an entity in the game. that wouldnt work unless you set up an event handler attached to spiderwhisperer that reacts on spiderqueen spawnings. spiderhat is probably what you should try towards instead of this.)

Thanks for the tip

Archived