[Gameplay] - Rabbits Don't Turn Into Beardlings

Gotchu

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Rabbits Don't Turn Into Beardlings

Issue Description: Planned to convert rabbits into beardlings and acquire nightmare fuel by lowering my sanity.

Sanity dropped all the way to 40, yet no beardlings in sight. Even had a chest full of them, yet nothing.

Ended up dying to the crawling terror and his buddies.

Not sure if this has not been added yet.

If it is, it ain't working.

Steps to Reproduce: Reduce sanity to appropriate value to see beardlings. Rabbits do not change into beardlings.

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Issue Title: Rabbits Don't Turn Into Beardlings

Issue Description: Planned to convert rabbits into beardlings and acquire nightmare fuel by lowering my sanity.

Sanity dropped all the way to 40, yet no beardlings in sight. Even had a chest full of them, yet nothing.

Ended up dying to the crawling terror and his buddies.

Not sure if this has not been added yet.

If it is, it ain't working.

Steps to Reproduce: Reduce sanity to appropriate value to see beardlings. Rabbits do not change into beardlings.

They change depending on percentage. So if you're playing as a character with lower sanity than Wilson (Or higher) it will be a different sanity number-thingy before they change.

If you're playing as Wilson or a character with the same amount as sanity as Wilson, then this would be a bug.

They change depending on percentage. So if you're playing as a character with lower sanity than Wilson (Or higher) it will be a different sanity number-thingy before they change.

If you're playing as Wilson or a character with the same amount as sanity as Wilson, then this would be a bug.

Yes, I'm playing as Wilson currently. 

My partner is playing as Willow, though. 

Wonder if this affects the percentage as well? 

I have had the same problem. I dropped my sanity to 0 as WX-78, stood by a chest full of rabbits and watched them remain rabbits. After eluding horrors for a couple minutes, all rabbits remained rabbits. No beardlings appeared.

Currently bunnies never become beardlings in the inventory. Outside, you have to be fully insane for it to be a beardling, according to rabbit.lua:

local function LootSetupFunction(self)	local sane = true	-- were we killed by an insane player?	if self.inst.causeofdeath and self.inst.causeofdeath:HasTag("player") then		if self.inst.causeofdeath.components.sanity ~= nil and self.inst.causeofdeath.components.sanity:IsCrazy() then			sane = false		end	end	if not sane then		-- beardling loot   		self:SetLoot{}		self:AddRandomLoot("beardhair", .5)	    		self:AddRandomLoot("monstermeat", 1)	    		self:AddRandomLoot("nightmarefuel", 1)	  		self.numrandomloot = 1  	else		-- regular loot		self:SetLoot({"smallmeat"})	endend

The drops as decided here, at least, could be fixed by comparing the player's sanity percent with TUNING.BEARDLING_SANITY instead of using IsCrazy (as it does in the now-orphaned PlayerSanityListener), like so:

local function LootSetupFunction(self)	local sane = true	-- were we killed by an insane player?	if self.inst.causeofdeath and self.inst.causeofdeath:HasTag("player") then		if self.inst.causeofdeath.components.sanity ~= nil and self.inst.causeofdeath.components.sanity:GetPercent() < TUNING.BEARDLING_SANITY then			sane = false		end	end

I haven't been able to figure out exactly where it determines how to display them (as rabbit or beardling), but wherever that is I imagine a similar change could be made. It looks like it might be this in player_classified:

local function UpdateAnimOverrideSanity(parent)    parent.AnimState:SetClientSideBuildOverrideFlag("insane", parent.replica.sanity:IsCrazy())end

Which I believe could be changed to:

local function UpdateAnimOverrideSanity(parent)    parent.AnimState:SetClientSideBuildOverrideFlag("insane", parent.replica.sanity:GetPercent() < TUNING.BEARDLING_SANITY)end

Edit: fixed line numbers, fixed code a bit

I would think that bunnies/beardlings in the inventory could also be solved. Seeing as a given container can only be opened by one person at a time, it should be able to get the owner and update the bunnies based on their sanity, right?

This happened to me.

My sanity was low enough to get attacked by the shadow monsters.

Rabbits were not beardlings.

I was playing Wilson, and hosting my own server. There were 3 others on my server.

Possibly linked to how it reads sanity for everyone? Perhaps it's intentional, since there will be several people playing, one could be Wilson. Beardlings would end up overkill. He can share some beard hair. Telltale heart also reduces the need.

• Developer

Thanks for the report. This issue got accidentally unfixed at one point. As far as I can tell it's not character-specific, but more a client or server issue.

I have a fix for this locally that should hopefully make it out soon, although not for the upcoming hotfix.

Kaj

Archived