Reign of Giants Content Coming?

Yes. They'll try to get it to work. They'll probably touch on Caves, and the Telepotato first, then RoG and lastly, Adventure Mode.

I think Adventure Mode will be last since it's really was only a campaign story for Don't Starve.

On the topic of story: I think we need a video to refresh the Don't Starve story sometime.

Also, there may be additional plot to come if Kevin's timeline has anything to say about it:

The canonical timeline of the DS universe goes something like this...

1890s - 1906: William Carter origin story
1906: William and Charlie enter the DS world. 
1906 - 1910ish: Some crazy stuff happens that we haven't told you about yet.... 
1910ish - 1921: The various playable characters get pulled into the DS world.
1921: Wilson gets pulled in (Forbidden Knowlege trailer).
*THE ORIGINAL GAME + ROG STARTS HERE*
?: Wilson lives in DSworld for a while. Dies a lot, eventually finds Maxwell's door and confronts Maxwell
?: Wilson replaces Maxwell on the Nightmare Throne, Maxwell becomes Waxwell.

?: Some other crazy stuff happens that we haven't told you about yet.... 

?: The DST plotline begins.

Maybe we'll get an entirely new, unique Adventure Mode as the finale of added features for DST, a whole new gauntlet centered around challenging the limits of player cooperation. It's something to hope for anyways, but admittedly that would be a heck of a lot of work, and likely too much to ask of the DST team considering everything else they need to work on first. Either way, they'll no doubt shoot for the moon as usual, and whatever we end up with I'll be more than thankful for. :p

Archived