Anyone else want more random in their life?

Yeah so one new "character" which could be just a generic black silhouette. Or a checkbox. Just gives you a random character. Could be "persistent" so after you teleportato you automatically get a new random character instead of choosing one. Or at least the option to do so.

"Random" world preset. Every option is random. Tricky, because you start a world and don't know "how" it is random. Also, could be "persistent", so after teleportato it gets scrambled again... you get the picture.

I don't know how people play the game, sometimes i rush the teleportato... as many times in a row as possible. So random char + world every time sounds like a fun time to me :-) Keeps you on your toes.

EDIT : Although if you get a different char than the last one I don't know how you would explain your inventory and recipes :-)

As it stands, day 7 teleportato is kinda hard to pull off consistent, for me at least, but doable. Right now I think the biggest decision is first world day 2-ish divining rod or not. That's kinda your biggest decision. Random worlds would bring a hefty new dimension to the whole teleportato rush thing.

On a side note, starting so many default worlds for teleportato rush, sometimes you stop for a second and say, you know, this is a really, really awesome/interesting world gen. I'm gonna keep this world. That's always nice.

It would be great to basically have a new world set up each time you use the teleportato.

what do you mean by new world set up? like, the modifiers? day length, starting seaon, carrots, that kind of thing?

what do you mean by new world set up? like, the modifiers? day length, starting seaon, carrots, that kind of thing?

Yeah.  The same modifiers you would get when starting a new world and the option for it to be random/default.  Whatever fits your play style.  I believe the current way is that once you use the teleportato everything is set to default.  Meaning if you dont like summer and choose a map with no summer, when you teleportato you are now forced to play summer.

Yeah.  The same modifiers you would get when starting a new world and the option for it to be random/default.  Whatever fits your play style.  I believe the current way is that once you use the teleportato everything is set to default.  Meaning if you dont like summer and choose a map with no summer, when you teleportato you are now forced to play summer.

yup. now we need like... 1000 more people to want this and it may get done.

Okay, I'll be serious now. Putting more options at random would be kind of daft. What we need is to have options like for example to start in Summer or Winter just like we have Autumn or Spring because in case you want a totally hard option yet you would have to decide between Winter or Summer start so if game chooses this for you would be more interresting.

Okay, I'll be serious now. Putting more options at random would be kind of daft. What we need is to have options like for example to start in Summer or Winter just like we have Autumn or Spring because in case you want a totally hard option yet you would have to decide between Winter or Summer start so if game chooses this for you would be more interresting.

well for someone like me kinda daft could be kinda fun. for me personally that kind of rng is fun. worst preset ever. i still wanna see how much i can survive. one day? so be it. i'll do my best and move on.

all i want is a) an option, in some shape or form, in the character screen ( which you do get after teleportato ) to get a random character and b) to make the world screen appear after teleportato and, for the likes of dafts like me, besides default, default plus and lights out having a random option where every entry is randomized.

I have absolutely nothing against more fine tuned options inside the world screen. Heck, it would be awesome. HECK, I would randomize them by hand. As long as it appears after teleportato. Or an option to enter it, so it doesn't get in your face, if that would be a problem. As I saw it and as @InaneDugong said, there are no drawbacks. If you don't want it you don't use it. Like some people never use lights out or used it just one time to see how it was.

If there were alot of people wanting at least part of this, like you, more options, like me, random option etc. maybe it would happen, or we could find a middle ground if a solution for all of us wouldn't be possible/feasible. But as it stands this idea doesn't get any love. Sadness.

well for someone like me kinda daft could be kinda fun. for me personally that kind of rng is fun. worst preset ever. i still wanna see how much i can survive. one day? so be it. i'll do my best and move on.

all i want is a) an option, in some shape or form, in the character screen ( which you do get after teleportato ) to get a random character and b) to make the world screen appear after teleportato and, for the likes of dafts like me, besides default, default plus and lights out having a random option where every entry is randomized.

I have absolutely nothing against more fine tuned options inside the world screen. Heck, it would be awesome. HECK, I would randomize them by hand. As long as it appears after teleportato. Or an option to enter it, so it doesn't get in your face, if that would be a problem. As I saw it and as @InaneDugong said, there are no drawbacks. If you don't want it you don't use it. Like some people never use lights out or used it just one time to see how it was.

If there were alot of people wanting at least part of this, like you, more options, like me, random option etc. maybe it would happen, or we could find a middle ground if a solution for all of us wouldn't be possible/feasible. But as it stands this idea doesn't get any love. Sadness.

Balance/intricate-gameplay doesn't get any love in general. It's really up to modders and/or us to figure a solution.

I actually tried suggesting "world gen menu for Teleportato" thing around when I just bought Don't Starve a played a bit. Even before the Caves were implemented I think. And I'am sure I wasn't first to, but sadly I didn't succeed. I still support the idea very much though, it'd be nice not having to create new world and start from absolute nothing to get a more challenging world to prove you can do it or less hostile one to relax a bit.

How you guys feel about a weekly challenge system built into the game? Things like this keep the game fresh and people interested.

And how would that work exactly? Seeded worlds like Spelunky or what?

Personally, I would most like to see a random season length implemented. This way you wouldn't know that at dawn of day 21, the season will switch. You would just have to pay attention to the warm/cold or use a thermal measurer.

Personally, I would most like to see a random season length implemented. This way you wouldn't know that at dawn of day 21, the season will switch. You would just have to pay attention to the warm/cold or use a thermal measurer.

Would finally give a use to that bloody Winterometer.

Archived