[Mod Request(s)] Gobbler-Day! (and Krampmas)

bdiz4shiz

So since the halloween mod challenge ive been thinking of holiday mods for dont starve. unfortunately, i am not able to mod myself, and can only go as far as ideas, so i am throwing these out there for you all. 

Gobbler Day

day or 2 before winter, or perhaps right at the transition.

The mod would make all berry bushes lush and full of berries at the start of this day.

In addition to all the berry bushes ripeness, gobblers will be spawned at random (amount idk?)

You must choose between collecting as many berries as you can or hunting the gobblers. 

Krampmas (not to be confused with the Krampusnaught mod this is to be completely different)

I am kind of hoping klei does a Christmas mod challenge, but if not this is my hope for a Christmas type mod. 

This mod is supposed to be a form of Christmas but adapted to the game for the Krampus as
Santa Claus is absent. 

First of all, there is a craft-able Krampmas tree. And you can decorate it with a few things. The more it is decorated, the more 'presents' you can get on Krampmas, that the Krampus delivers to you in the middle of winter one night. Now you can choose to make the Krampus be a friendly for one night, or remain the normal Krampus he is and perhaps try to ruin the Krampmas you were hoping for. If he is good, he could leave maybe an item of clothing with a couple candies, and if he is bad he could leave a rock or something (just not charcoal because its useful during winter). 

But those are my thoughts, hope someone is feeling up for the challenge because these would be fun mods.

Love the idea.  But for historical reference Krampus -is- santaclaus.  He is the spirit of the season that punishes bad children though.  Krampus looks like a satyr (goat man) and every year would kidnap children who had misbehaved and eat them.

Love the idea.  But for historical reference Krampus -is- santaclaus.  He is the spirit of the season that punishes bad children though.  Krampus looks like a satyr (goat man) and every year would kidnap children who had misbehaved and eat them.

So maybe a special Krampus should appear instead, dropping a ton of meat. ;P

Archived