Night Vision

Coralushi

Haha still I love your Dark Link. It looks beautiful :)

I'm playing with it sometimes and I really like the art.

I tried digging through code too..

But it was standing False where it should stand true.

So that's why it didn't work I guess 

Haha I love that illustration btw. :)

Oh, gosh, no, I'm just a terrible hack.

I barely know a thing about programming. I just dig through existing code with a pair of safety scissors, and glue the bits I need together.

Well, at least you know where to cut, and use high quality glue. ;]

Cut straight from the Dark Link mod:

--  Night-vision    inst.entity:AddLight()    inst.Light:Enable(true)    inst.Light:SetRadius(40)    inst.Light:SetFalloff(.5)    inst.Light:SetIntensity(0.9)    inst.Light:SetColour(245/255,255/255,245/255)

pl

Oh, gosh, no, I'm just a terrible hack.

I barely know a thing about programming. I just dig through existing code with a pair of safety scissors, and glue the bits I need together.

Actual photo of me working on a mod:

attachicon.gifhardatwork.png

help me to use this script plz

Hey, thanks so much for that code! This is just what I need.

But I noticed a problem. Whenever a lighting hits my custom character, the "night vision" dissapears. Anybody knows how to deal with it?

The code I use:

--  Night-vision    inst.entity:AddLight()    inst.Light:Enable(true)    inst.Light:SetRadius(40)    inst.Light:SetFalloff(.5)    inst.Light:SetIntensity(0.9)    inst.Light:SetColour(245/255,255/255,245/255)

Also dunno if I should open a new discussion for it (forgive me padre if I should), but I wonder if there's a way to make the "night vision" slowly appear when the night starts, instead of making the character look like a bulb during the day.

I'll patiently wait for the replies and apreciate any help.

Add

inst:ListenForEvent( "nighttime", function() [THE NIGHTVISION CODE HERE] end, GetWorld() )

and use the same method for deactivating it during the day. You may be able to do the same for your lightning problem.

Add

inst:ListenForEvent( "nighttime", function() [THE NIGHTVISION CODE HERE] end, GetWorld() )

and use the same method for deactivating it during the day. You may be able to do the same for your lightning problem.

Oh my God it's working! You have no idea how grateful I am. Thanks!!

Whenever I try to activate my character my game freezes after I hit "apply" this is how I have the coding put in :

xe2zi5F.png
It is in the .lua in the prefabs folder within the scripts folder, I don't know why it isn't working, and just as a second note, my game DOESN'T crash while the Night Vision code ISN'T there

Archived