Pengulls Not Spawning

KhmerShadow
  • Known Issue

So I've been playing in my friend's server for awhile now and we've noticed that for the past 2 winters the pengulls haven't appeared.

Steps to Reproduce
Played the game through a winter and a half and there are still no pengulls.

User Feedback

I think you were unlucky with your world generation. I've definitely seen pengulls spawn in many of my worlds (including just now). Have you still not seen them in any other worlds?

Share this comment

On 10/26/2016 at 10:49 AM, CharlesB said:

I think you were unlucky with your world generation. I've definitely seen pengulls spawn in many of my worlds (including just now). Have you still not seen them in any other worlds?

I've been playing on a friend's server, we're nearing day 800 and the pengulls used to spawn but we haven't seen them in a long time.

Share this comment

Oh, I misunderstood the original question. Currently this is a known issue in both Steam and PS4 versions.

Share this comment

On 28/10/2016 at 3:03 PM, CharlesB said:

Oh, I misunderstood the original question. Currently this is a known issue in both Steam and PS4 versions.

@CharlesB do you have any idea about when you are going to fix this? Pengulls spawning mechanichs has been broken for a long time...at least for the past 8 months... They stop spawning after second winter. They don´t even go back to their nest after second winter. so you won´t see any pengull after that.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I'm going to wager that the problem is possibly linked to the ice glaciers? Not sure if there's a cap on max no. of glaciers & since the pengulls nests glaciers never "despawn" after creation, it might be a knock on effect? 

@CharlesB... Would there ever be any consideration to implement a means to remove pengull spawned glaciers, cause they can ruin base creation... & of course for science? :p

Share this comment