Gorge specific emoticons won't work.

ericforman1976
  • Pending

When I type :wave: or :thumbsup: in chat I get a '?' as if I haven't unlocked them when I do have them all unlocked. However some emoticons will work properly. The ones that will work are the ones I recently weaved. Maybe unraveling them and then weaving them again will fix it but I haven't tried.

Steps to Reproduce

Try typing some old emoticons that were unlocked through event or seasonal chests like :thumbsup: or :salt: and see if you get a '?' instead.

User Feedback

5 hours ago, The Automaton said:

Hello, is this a console problem?

Yes, emoticons are useless on Xbox, I unraveled all of them because all it pops up is a “?” Instead of Abigails flower like it’s supposed to, I guess it may have something to do with Xbox Live/PSN Chat Censors- Censorship in Online games can be so BONKERS sometimes.. The word Zombie is Censored in a Zombie game just because the world started relating it to a Drug Reference.

Oh well- if this never gets fixed it’ll just be one less category of items I need to use my spools on.

Share this comment

I did some testing on the emoticons and found that only the Gorge specific emoticons aren't working. All 4 Year of the Varg emoticons work fine and the 24 Forge emoticons work perfectly.

But out of the 20 Gorge emoticons 4 do not seem to be properly implemented (at least on console).

:alchemyengine:   :berry_bush:    :meat_big:    :shadowmanipulator:

All of the other Gorge emoticons will only return a '?' in the chat. Unfortunately unraveling and weaving any of these emoticons will not fix the problem.

This was tested on the console version for DST on the PS4 and XBOX likely has the same issue.

Share this comment

I just did a quick quick test and both :thumbsup: and :wave: are working for me. I haven't tested the others yet but I can when i have some more time

image.pngimage.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 11/12/2021 at 7:38 PM, CharlesB said:

I just did a quick quick test and both :thumbsup: and :wave: are working for me. I haven't tested the others yet but I can when i have some more time

image.pngimage.png

Here is what happens when I try it. It might have something to do with how we unlocked them when we got them from the Gorge chests during the event and when they were able to be woven after the event was finished. But just to show, I do have them all unlocked.

Don't Starve Together_ Console Edition_20211114181008.jpg

Don't Starve Together_ Console Edition_20211114181026.jpg

Don't Starve Together_ Console Edition_20211114181845.jpg

Share this comment