Game crashes several times (CE-34878-0)

SeuCrowley
  • Fixed

After the v2.26 update on PS4 my game crashes constantly when the day ends and the game saves

IMG-20211020-WA0001.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

No matter what I'm doing, I can be at the base, killing a Boss, building or even in the caves, when the day ends and the game is saving it crashes and I lose all my progress for the day.

• Sad 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
2 minutes ago, SoulCrowley said:

@Marco BR It gave a great tip to uninstall the game and install it again, let's test it and see if it solves...

let's hope it works :wilson_flower:

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

6 hours ago, SoulCrowley said:

@Marco BR It gave a great tip to uninstall the game and install it again, let's test it and see if it solves...

Have you done anything new since you updated? I know your world is really high from joining a few times and helping with skins. Did you receive anything new in the game? I’m wondering if it’s related to an item or character etc. 

Share this comment

Have you submitted the crash to sony (the option is on that screen you captured). If you have I can take a look at those crashes and try to figure out what is going on. If you haven't then please do, and also include a comment with your forum name and a quick description of what happened so that I can tell which report is yours.

Update: I might have found some of your crashes. Could this be yours?
image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

15 hours ago, SoulCrowley said:

It didn't work unfortunately, even after deleting the game and installing it again the game keeps crashing constantly :(

8 hours ago, ViCiOuS-V. said:

Have you done anything new since you updated? I know your world is really high from joining a few times and helping with skins. Did you receive anything new in the game? I’m wondering if it’s related to an item or character etc. 

Nothing specific, the world is always in constant constructions has changed a lot since your last visit, but this problem only started after the last update

1 hour ago, CharlesB said:

Have you submitted the crash to sony (the option is on that screen you captured). If you have I can take a look at those crashes and try to figure out what is going on. If you haven't then please do, and also include a comment with your forum name and a quick description of what happened so that I can tell which report is yours.

Update: I might have found some of your crashes. Could this be yours?
image.png

This screen is not mine, but I've reported the bug to Sony a few times, the next time the game crashes I'll include my Kley ID and I'll warn you around here

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

New Pause Function Issue: On PS4 I'm unable to add fuel to miner's hats, lanterns, etc. 

Additionally, on multiple occasions, after installing an update, the game reverts back to the last day of the previous season. This most recent update took me back from mid-spring to the last day of late winter.

Share this comment

Hmm, Sony's crash reporting isn't really helping me figure this out. Are you able to upload your save file so I can take a look at what's going on for myself?

Instructions are here:
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/70105-dont-starve-together-console-edition-faq-ps4/#how-can-i-send-my-save-file

On 10/20/2021 at 10:23 PM, SoulCrowley said:

@CharlesB I have now sent a report to Sony when my game crashed again and include my KLEI ID in the report as requested

IMG-20211021-WA0002.jpg

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

On 10/25/2021 at 5:28 PM, CharlesB said:

Hmm, Sony's crash reporting isn't really helping me figure this out. Are you able to upload your save file so I can take a look at what's going on for myself?

Instructions are here:

I sent the file by email. Some information about the world: it's approximately the day 12000.

The game crashes whenever the day ends and the game is about to save.

I understand that the world has many days, but there are no walls in the world and no creatures trapped in large quantities, also no items scattered on the ground and we keep the world as clean as possible, taking out trees, grass and sticks that drop at least Every 2 years.

The problem only started after the update I mentioned

Share this comment

Do you mean to the Klei support email? I'll have someone take a look if that's the case? You can also PM me a dropbox link or something similar if you want.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

4 hours ago, CharlesB said:

Do you mean to the Klei support email? I'll have someone take a look if that's the case? You can also PM me a dropbox link or something similar if you want.

Thank you, I just sent it as a private message... And if you want and if it's going to help, I'm willing to show you the world in person on PS4, to try to identify what's in it that might be causing the problem

Share this comment

Hi, I don't want to be anxious, but it's about 30 days since I can't play in my world because of this error, I would like to know if you were able to identify the error?

Share this comment

On 11/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, SoulCrowley said:

Hi, I don't want to be anxious, but it's about 30 days since I can't play in my world because of this error, I would like to know if you were able to identify the error?

Sorry, I've been busy getting things ready for the next update. I also had some time to look at your crash while I wasn't able to reproduce it I think I've fixed up the cause. Please let me know how it goes when you feast your eyes on it later next week.

• Thanks 1
  • Health 1

Share this comment

On 11/12/2021 at 8:38 PM, CharlesB said:

Sorry, I've been busy getting things ready for the next update. I also had some time to look at your crash while I wasn't able to reproduce it I think I've fixed up the cause. Please let me know how it goes when you feast your eyes on it later next week.

My girlfriend and I are very grateful, the game doesn't crash as it used to and now we can advance the days without a problem, very satisfied with the update we are having a lot of fun playing in our world again

Edited by SoulCrowley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment