Cannot connect to servers


Rogueagent01
  • Fixed

I can't connect to any type of server after update 1.26.

 

 Just wanted to let use know, especially because it seems i am not the only person having this issue.


Steps to Reproduce
I loaded my server with no problem, after about an hour i jumped out and was unravelling some items when i got an ingame error. I quit the application and reset my system and now cannot get into any servers whatsoever, not mine, friends, or public i am essentially locked out of the game completely.


User Feedback


A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
....

It seems to have righted itself after closing the game and coming back after a decent amount of time. However i keep seeing people post similar situations in communities so i'll leave the report up for the time being, if use feel different feel free to delete or close it.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....

Having similar problem. Playing OFFLINE local splitscreen and game will not load, just says "connecting" forever.  Did get it to work once but then back to not working now. Worked fine before update.  Thank you.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....
On 21.03.2018 at 7:15 PM, Kimba said:

Having similar problem. Playing OFFLINE local splitscreen and game will not load, just says "connecting" forever.  Did get it to work once but then back to not working now. Worked fine before update.  Thank you.

Same here. It constantly saying "Connecting", but never goes to character selection page. Please, fix it!

I'm playing on PS4 pro, with russian locale and without PS+ subscription on both local accounts

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....

I'm having the same issue since the latest patch. We were able to start a new game, but then we stopped for the night. The next day we were not able to join the game, it just says "Connecting". This is an offline local server. Neither of our accounts are PS+.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....

I just found a work around.

The fix was to sign out of PlayStation Now on the second account (the one that was not hosting the game). Then close and open Don't Starve Together again, and try to play.

Edited by stuffedweasel
Typo
  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
.... ....

Hi again! The text hangs on "connecting" it isn't swapping back and forth and also it does say OFFLINE in the spots you show, sorry I can't figure out how to get pics from the ps4 to here. Thank you for taking the time to look into this CharlesB!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
.... .... ....
On 3/24/2018 at 10:43 PM, stuffedweasel said:

I just found a work around.

The fix was to sign out of PlayStation Now on the second account (the one that was not hosting the game). Then close and open Don't Starve Together again, and try to play.

Thank you!! This actually works  :)  It is a little annoying having to sign out whenever we reload but worth it to be able to play again!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
.... ....

@XanderSnow

The original bug at the top of the post was related to the problem with unraveling set items in 1.26 and had since been fixed.
The bug that was fixed in 1.28 had to do with playing split screen in offline mode, in which case you'll never see any online servers.

Can you try again as see if you're still having problems? The 0 of 88 might be because you were early to the update and the other servers were still on an old version. If you're still having problems then please start a new issue in the tracker with a detailed explanation of what is going wrong.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....
On 4/13/2018 at 1:23 PM, CharlesB said:

@XanderSnow

The original bug at the top of the post was related to the problem with unraveling set items in 1.26 and had since been fixed.
The bug that was fixed in 1.28 had to do with playing split screen in offline mode, in which case you'll never see any online servers.

Can you try again as see if you're still having problems? The 0 of 88 might be because you were early to the update and the other servers were still on an old version. If you're still having problems then please start a new issue in the tracker with a detailed explanation of what is going wrong.

I see, roger that CharlesB.
EDIT:  Looks like you were right.  I tried again the next day and the problem was gone, the servers showed up.

Edited by XanderSnow

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now