As of "Return of Them" update, Host can enter caves but guests cannot (DST) (PS4)

scarlson
  • Fixed

My partner and I play DST on PS4 and we love it, but as of this most recent update we have been having some issues. When I enter the caves (I am the host of the game) everything is fine, but when he (as a guest) enters the caves, he is disconnected from the game and is unable to rejoin unless we roll the save back to before he entered the caves. I am assuming this issue has something to do with the new update, and has been tested on retrofitted worlds as well as new worlds.

Steps to Reproduce
Guest attempted to enter caves, was disconnected. The host did not experience this issue.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
2 hours ago, bizziboi said:

We have confirmed this issue and are investigating. 

I hope you guys look into the fact that this bug has been happening to me and my friends even before the update, its just happening always now

Share this comment

On 9/13/2019 at 3:02 PM, Mahoood said:

I hope you guys look into the fact that this bug has been happening to me and my friends even before the update, its just happening always now

Yeah one of my friends had this issue before so we just had her host, but now it’s widespread.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I have created my forum account just to report the same thing - caves are not explorable by guests on a hosted server.

This seems to be the case is the 2nd player is already in the caves on an already existing world.
If I create the world from scratch, as soon as the 2nd player enters the cave - he disconnects after waiting for the loading screen.
After I as a host enter the caves and wait for the 2nd player to enter as well, he again he will not be able to join the game.

I would really appreciate a quick push to production.... :(

• Like 1

Share this comment

My gf and I are having this issue still. Started 11/26/19.. She is very upset bc she loves the caves. Everything worked fine until yesterday, and we have tried multiple new game files to no avail

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, instakilling said:

My gf and I are having this issue still. Started 11/26/19.. She is very upset bc she loves the caves. Everything worked fine until yesterday, and we have tried multiple new game files to no avail

There hasn't been a game update since 1.66 on November 12 so there's no reason for it to have suddenly broken yesterday. Are you playing in online or offline mode, on separate PS4s or split screen? If separate PS4s, it could be network related. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

5 hours ago, CharlesB said:

There hasn't been a game update since 1.66 on November 12 so there's no reason for it to have suddenly broken yesterday. Are you playing in online or offline mode, on separate PS4s or split screen? If separate PS4s, it could be network related. 

Thanks. We are playing on separate consoles. I was thinking the same about it not having updated, which is why I thought it to be that much more strange. We will keep trying

Share this comment