Spaced Out: Game Crash NullReferenceException when landing rocket

shelsauce
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Game crashes when trying to land my rocket.

Rocket does not have any building queues outside the interiror.

Exception in: (HabitatModuleMedium).LaunchableRocketCluster+States.root.not_grounded.landing_setup. 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at LaunchableRocketCluster.InitialFlightAnimOffsetForLanding () [0x0001f] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\Space\LaunchableRocketCluster.cs:51 
  at LaunchableRocketCluster+StatesInstance.SetupLanding () [0x00001] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\Space\LaunchableRocketCluster.cs:196 
  at LaunchableRocketCluster+States.<InitializeStates>b__5_7 (LaunchableRocketCluster+StatesInstance smi) [0x00001] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\Space\LaunchableRocketCluster.cs:346 
  at StateMachine`4+GenericInstance[StateMachineType,StateMachineInstanceType,MasterType,DefType].ExecuteActions (StateMachine`4+State[StateMachineType,StateMachineInstanceType,MasterType,DefType] state, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] actions) [0x00057] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\SimGame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\ai\statemachine\StateMachine.cs:874 

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
Debug:LogError(Object, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:152)
DebugUtil:LogErrorArgs(Object, Object[]) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/DebugUtil.cs:191)
DebugUtil:LogException(Object, String, Exception) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/DebugUtil.cs:201)
GenericInstance:ExecuteActions(State, List`1) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachine.cs:908)
GenericInstance:PushState(BaseState) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachine.cs:833)
GenericInstance:GoTo(BaseState) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/StateMachine.cs:1128)
EventTransitionData:ExecuteTransition(StatesInstance) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/GameStateMachine.cs:254)
EventTransitionData:OnCallback(StatesInstance) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/GameStateMachine.cs:264)
<>c__DisplayClass7_0:<Register>b__0(Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ai/statemachine/GameStateMachine.cs:280)
EventSystem:Trigger(GameObject, Int32, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/EventSystem.cs:170)
KMonoBehaviour:Trigger(Int32, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:411)
CraftModuleInterface:DoLand(LaunchPad) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Space/CraftModuleInterface.cs:433)
Clustercraft:Land(LaunchPad, Boolean) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Space/Clustercraft.cs:656)
Clustercraft:Land(AxialI, LaunchPad) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Space/Clustercraft.cs:682)
Clustercraft:Sim200ms(Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Space/Clustercraft.cs:372)
Sim200msUpdater:Update(ISim200ms, Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/SimAndRenderScheduler.cs:258)
UpdateBucketWithUpdater`1:Update(Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:79)
BucketGroup:AdvanceOneSubTick(Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:152)
StateMachineUpdater:AdvanceOneSimSubTick() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:244)
Game:SimEveryTick(Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1368)
Game:Update() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1344)

Steps to Reproduce

STR:
1. Land Rocket

User Feedback

Similar but different error doing the same thing

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

FetchListStatusItemUpdater.Render200ms (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/FetchListStatusItemUpdater.cs:125)
SimAndRenderScheduler+Render200ms.Update (IRender200ms updater, System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/SimAndRenderScheduler.cs:202)
UpdateBucketWithUpdater`1[DataType].Update (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:79)
StateMachineUpdater+BucketGroup.AdvanceOneSubTick (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:152)
StateMachineUpdater+BucketGroup.InternalAdvance (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:135)
StateMachineUpdater+BucketGroup.Advance (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:162)
StateMachineUpdater.Render (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:254)
Game.LateUpdate () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1602)

Occurrs when landing on magma planet.  I have 2 rockets in orbit and landing EITHER of them result in this crash.  So that tells me something is wrong with the landing platform or the planet, ratherr than the rockets.

Repro rate: 5/5, I have tried to place the rocket platform in different spots and issue is still reproducible.  Also I can't confirm that the rocket should have enough clerance but I always land the rocket manually by selecting the platform that was created from the dropdown rather than leaving it on "any platform"

Share this comment

Your save file would be very useful for figuring out this scenario. It's possibly been fixed already locally but I want to double check both crashes. I've sent you a private message with a way to send me your save since it's larger than the forum allows. Alternatively you can upload it to an external file host and link it here.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I'm getting a similar crash but when launching the rocket...! It only seems to happen on the rocket with the larger habitat. I'll post a bug report shortly

Share this comment

Were you able to get the save? any update?

my game is blocked! because my dupes wont survive for long on just the o2 in their suits 

Share this comment

Thanks, I was able to retrieve or your save.

The issue is the rockets you are trying to land are taller than the space above the surface permits. There was a crash bug which allowed rockets to still land in this scenario, which has since been fixed in the public_testing branch. We have also adjusted the worldgen in so there's more space above the surface on all asteroids but this does not apply to existing saves.

If you are interested in trying the public_testing branch the details can be found here. These changes and others will go live next Thursday including many rocketry changes.

To continue with this save I recommend enabling sandbox mode and carving out an area to land the rocket.

image.png

• Thanks 1

Share this comment