Game crashes often when dupes change planets and look for beds

Ejmaster313
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Dupe

Seems like the root of the error comes from the dupe attempting to look for a bed or deciding to sleep on floor. Happens everytime i change planets through the transporter but i imagine it would happen in other situations where they would look for beds too. Seems to mainly happen when returning to home planet.

Steps to Reproduce

Just go between worlds with transporter

crash.txt DxDiag2.txt SuperProductive Team.sav

User Feedback

BTW  I found dupes teleportation and beds a very poor experience. Every time I've teleported dupe back to home planet I had to manually assign him bed, otherwise it would sleep on floor. Maybe this got fixed, but hear me out. I think beds internally should have now 3 states: free, assigned, assigned  but on another planet. When dupe gets teleported he should first look for his  own, old bed, if not available then free bed, if not then goes to floor. If new dupe gets printed he should first look for free bed, if none are free, then he should steal a bed from dupe that is on another planet, if not then floor. There could be  even some funny notification that dupe had taken others dupe bed because he is not using it anyway.

• Like 1

Share this comment