Dupes stuck in doors

Shavanna
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Sometimes, dupes will be stuck in doors, that are set to open and close automatically. They will be shown as entombed, even though other dupes can walk through the door normally. This can be fixed by set the door to open all the time in the menu and let another dupe set the door to open afterwards. As i play with some DLC-compatible mods enabled, i'm not sure if this is caused by the base game or one of the mods (personally, i think self sealing airlocks is a candidate for being the culprit). I just wanted to mention it here, so that you can take a look, if something in the vanilla game is causing this.

Steps to Reproduce

It happens randomly, no reproduction is possible. Sometimes it happens with the first door build in a new game, sometimes it takes hours, where nothing happens.

Beyond bug.sav

User Feedback

I had that happen one time (no mods) but pretty random... Didn't happen in another save.

Share this comment

At least it's not only me. The problem you described in your quoted post also happens for me. Dupes have problems interacting with doors (as well as with doors in between), that block airflow.

Edited by Shavanna

Share this comment

One way to get a similar bug to reproduce is to build a mechanical airlock, then build something that requires resources to be delivered to it, like a Deodorizer right behind the door. The dupe will start opening the door, the start building the building, the animation will break, but dupe will remain on the near side of the door (the building behind on the other side), the loading bar will then disappear, but after a while, the building will have finished.

The same will happen when the dupe is going to take sand to the deodorizer.

I just built a new manual air lock to confirm , and a dupe was trying to pick up something right in the first tile behind the manual airlock. he got stuck before the door, just stood there, but magically picked up the sand regardless.

Edited by Lunkdolt

Share this comment

@EricKlei but no mods were enabled. Are they still interfering with save files? Should I unsubscribe completely? 

In the save I posted a while back when the snow fell as the door closed and the dupe teleported to the side in the tiles of the door, the door entombed the dupe. It happened every time differently (sometimes the snow melted as soon as it fell) but I'll try to reproduce it using only doors if that helps

Share this comment

@EricKlei I reproduced the conditions of my save file and it can entomb a dupe every time. I don't know if the timing of the door matter (sometimes the dupe is teleported outside the door Door bug_3.sav ) but it happens if the door is closed and the dupe has nowhere else to go.

Left _hold the door_.savor right_hold the door_2.sav direction does not seem to matter

image.png.efb8b0be28ebf157e835e4d6d68070f0.png

Share this comment

Thanks for those examples @sakura_sk. They should be entombed in the sand cells in that scenario instead of the door. If another duplicant walks through the door it frees them.

I wonder though if this is the same scenario @Shavanna encountered. Looking at the attached save, the camera is positioned looking at the Manual Airlocks in the middle of the base with no falling solids around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, EricKlei said:

If another duplicant walks through the door it frees them.

The problem in my original save was the fact that the dupe was alone in another asteroid... :rolleyes: (the teleporter one fortunately)

• Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

@EricKlei it has nothing to do with sand in my case. It's the door of the food storage, that has this problem very often, which is not surprising, as the dupes need to use it at least one time per cycle to get their meals. As for the matter with the airlock door mod, i dont even use it. Probably it works similar like my self-sealing airlocks-mod ( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2408087784&searchtext=self-seal (ignore the chinese, it just make the base game mod ready for the dlc)), as gases cant get through them and thus causes the same problems.

Share this comment

Sorry, that was the mod I meant to link to. We took a brief look at that mod's source code and it fully replaces parts of our door code which has changed since the original mod was last updated.

Does this still happen when you disable the mod? There's a possibility it still does.

On 5/4/2021 at 10:39 AM, sakura_sk said:

@EricKlei but no mods were enabled. Are they still interfering with save files? Should I unsubscribe completely? 

I misread your Player.log file, you did not have the mod enabled. The issue you encountered was more the entombed recover code not accounting for airlocks. 

• Thanks 2

Share this comment