Dupes load all Atmo Suits into rocket

Gurgel
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

This has been broken for a long time, not sure whether there ever was a bug report.

If you have dupes load atmo-suits into a compactor in a rocket, they ignore the weight limit and just put in _all_ of them. It is annoying. You have to produce more replacement suits after the rocket is gone.

In the example there should be 5t of suits, instead all of them (13.2t) have been loaded:

suits.thumb.png.f255742cc020fc622bc394f1e9f43614.png

Steps to Reproduce

Should be obvious.

• Like 2

User Feedback

Suits (and any other wearable equipment) are considered 1kg instead of the 200kg its info suggests. There are several bug reports out there.. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Share this comment

Thanks, that explains things. I also found that this overpressures my rocket capsule, as apparently suits that are loaded with Oxygen get swept up as well and then some release that oxygen and that is just broken.

Share this comment

Broken? It would be an interesting way to load the interior with oxygen if suits release oxygen from their tanks :lol:

Yup! I think I found some more reports about the issue but it's been a while it was mentioned for storage bins so maybe it needed a new one? :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Edited by sakura_sk
added other bug reports
  • Like 3

Share this comment

31 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Broken? It would be an interesting way to load the interior with oxygen if suits release oxygen from their tanks :lol:

Well, you stop thinking that when you have to dump all that overpressure into space because your dupes are massively stressed because of popped eardrums. It is really annoying that they deliver loaded suits they can only have gotten out of docks. 

Thanks for the references though, I seem to have reported this before ;-)

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 6/11/2022 at 12:25 AM, Gurgel said:

Thanks, that explains things. I also found that this overpressures my rocket capsule, as apparently suits that are loaded with Oxygen get swept up as well and then some release that oxygen and that is just broken.

You have a vent on the floor, which I am assuming is where you are pumping your o2 from? A small packet of CO2 in front of the vent gets deleted and replaced by at least a full packet of O2 and that is probably what is over pressurizing your rocket. As far as I know, moving atmosuits around (empty or full, new or used) does not release any O2 whatsoever, and I have done that a lot. I also use the vent on the floor specifically to get rid of CO2 in the rocket and there are situations where it can get out of control if you are not careful with sending a lot of dupes in and out to do some tasks.

Are you sure you have seen those atmosuits leaking o2 in the rocket?

• Like 1

Share this comment

7 hours ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

You have a vent on the floor, which I am assuming is where you are pumping your o2 from? A small packet of CO2 in front of the vent gets deleted and replaced by at least a full packet of O2 and that is probably what is over pressurizing your rocket.

To 15kg per cell and while being disabled by the atmo-sensor? No. You are right about the mechanism, I had some overpressure before at around 4kg/cell and that is why the atmo-sensor is there. It is set to disable the vent above 2kg/cell of oxygen. 

So yes, I am sure it is the suits.

And there is this. How did that Oxygen even get into the compactor if not with the suits? It is just what a loaded suit would bring with it.

suits3.thumb.png.8d055f4fbcccd77d3218fa065c93b3f6.png

Edited by Gurgel

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

To 15kg per cell and while being disabled by the atmo-sensor? No. You are right about the mechanism, I had some overpressure before at around 4kg/cell and that is why the atmo-sensor is there. It is set to disable the vent above 2kg/cell of oxygen. 

So yes, I am sure it is the suits.

And there is this. How did that Oxygen even get into the compactor if not with the suits? It is just what a loaded suit would bring with it.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I noticed that too (the pre-filled atmosuit having their internal oxygen displayed in the bin). What I meant was that I have never observed that this would cause any issue and over pressurize my rockets across many.. many.. usage of rockets and atmosuits in that specific way. I have basically only been relying on rockets for any kind of interplanetary transport since I've had access to Spaced out until my current game. I've pre-filled atmosuits and put them in a bin on purpose many times including the current patch and I never had that happen.

So, I am really just wondering what is causing it to happen in your playthrough that didn't happen in mine. Massive over pressurization happened to me only when I deconstructed atmosuit docks that were filled with oxygen. Those things carry like 200kg of oxygen and it gets released when you deconstruct them. Other than that, you guess is as good as mine. It would be nice to figure this out for sure, tho.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Hmm. Interesting. I will keep looking. I do deconstruct the checkpoint on this one when it idles as dupes tend to get stuck in there otherwise, but that does not seem to cause this effect.

Share this comment

On 6/13/2022 at 1:02 PM, NeoDeusMachina said:

So, I am really just wondering what is causing it to happen in your playthrough that didn't happen in mine.

I have seen overpressurization occur in several of my rockets without atmosuits. Of course I use high pressure vents, but with an atmo-sensor like @Gurgel.

I think the problem is that the atmo-sensor can occasionally pick up a packet of CO2 at the bottom of the module, and then if the CO2 pressure is also less than 2kg at the vent then the O2 packet will be released.

I would suggest moving the atmo-sensor to the top of the module to eliminate chances of it picking up a stray CO2 cell. This has worked well in my experience (assuming you have no H2 cells floating near the ceiling, haha, been there done that).

It could still be the suits in the bin as I have no experience doing that, but I do have experience in my play through with gas overpressurization in lots of vent/atmo-sensor situations. The best one I saw was overpressurization from a bin of oxylite (expecting pressure to stay under 1800g), again due to stray CO2 cells.

I guess my question would be, if you dumped those atmo suits into the ground, would they still have the same amount of O2 in them as when they were added? If so, then there must also be an O2 duplication bug. That would be crazy to think we could make O2 by simply adding/removing atmo suits from a bin. Haha, but this is ONI :) 

Good luck!

• Like 1

Share this comment