Dupes getting trapped by floating in mid air

peanutgamer2510
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

So my duplicant was building and deconstructing some tiles, when i get the message of trapped, but it was on the ladders and the path wasnt blocked, then i deconstructed the ladders and the dupe started to float in mid air, couldnt tell her to move, i needed to build on top of her so it reacted, but then on the same cycle it bugged and "got trapped" again

bug 1.png

bug 2.png

Steps to Reproduce

Make the dupe deconstruct or dig on some tile that it will mostly fall when finished

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

This bug is proving difficult to track down. Any insights or saves where this is reproducible is appreciated. It's possible that it happens more often in Spaced Out.

I encountered a strange bug once where a duplicant wouldn't fall while they were selected but selecting a different duplicant would allow them to fall. If this happens again check to see if this is true. I suspect they are separate bugs.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

I am now having this problem after the newest test build came out.  build 448769.  as you can see it doesnt matter what game, Its happens all the time now.  you just have to dig out top titles first then what is below them.  They dont drop and they get stuck.  Also i have no mods enabled.  Nikola i can tell you is stuck already and will not fall.build448769.thumb.JPG.f5b4db76bdacbd644f09e077933c2f36.JPG

The Antigravity Spacecamp.sav

Edited by TheAssclown
added save file

Share this comment

image.png.4eb43e2e473174a9f63777bb6cc271e0.png

Same issue here :/
Update: If you save and reload, it gets fixed, but man its happening way to frequently every since the last update. I did not have this issue yesterday.

The Burgeoning Friends.sav

Edited by FarmErMurgi
Adding save file

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

I'm going to mark this fixed but if it happens again please let us know. I believe the fix for the recently introduced bug should also fix the less frequent one originally reported.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

Happened to me today, dupe got trapped while digging and died suffocated, it appeared to die next to the block it was standing on, also bugged block was giving unussual data about oxygen.

Captura de pantalla (349).png

Captura de pantalla (350).png

Captura de pantalla (351).png

• Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

Started happening to me too. I didn't see it happen, but dupes were excavating a new area, natural tiles only around her, no constructed items to stick on. This is the 3rd occurrence in the past  days. One was resolved by deconstructing everything around the dupe, who then fell to safety. The other might have gotten buried , but was stuck after digging him out., while on ladders and gas pipe. Deconstructing and reconstructing everything freed this dupe as well. Screenshot is of first described incident (3rd occurrence). It happened to this same dupe twice.

Screenshot (1).png

Edited by cos702003

Share this comment

Happening to me in the latest build as well. Only ever happens when I'm not watching the dupes, and is becoming more frequent as the game slows down. Happened only once or twice in the first 50 cycles, Now it's happening 4-5 times a cycle, and is breaking my concentration. An easy fix for the broken dupes appears to be to just place a tile underneath them.
image.png.dc62e24556a13628819326bdef724173.png
Note: Ladders don't appear to count. I've been using regular tiles to fix it

I'm not using spaced out, but I am using mods. Though this is my first time playing in almost a year.

Share this comment