Drag commands during stutters

Sasza22
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

If you do a drag command and the game stutters (like end of cycle stutter) but also other random ones that seem to happen pretty often for no reason the command sometimes extends into a ridiculous range:

20220503004127_1.thumb.jpg.7795fbb3fba1e0e8f480c37fba75e24a.jpg

Example: The digging command was performed for a different planetoid and extended all the way to a different one taking almost 1/3rd of the second planetoid. Actually this wasn`t even an end of the cycle one, but a random stutter that keep happening recently (it looks like when changing planetoids, gas effects disappear for a second and the build icons on the bottom jump like when resources become available).

Steps to Reproduce

Might be hard to time right.

Requires you to do a drag command at the moment a stutter hits - most reliable would be the end of a cycle when the game saves.

When the stutter hits release the drag. The area selected should be way off screen and way too large.

• Like 3

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I don't think it's random. There is a "middle of the cycle" stutter when the screenshot for the timelapse is happening (at least I think that's when the screenshot is saved?). 

Share this comment

This is a very annoying problem. It seems like the mouse cursor gets temporarily placed at world 0,0 resulting in a huge dragging operation. Surely this shouldn't even happen, and if unavoidable, could be worked around.

Share this comment

I too have seen this during the save stutter for areas of dig and destroy commands, as well as drawing diagonal lines of ducts and pipes. The ducts and pipes one is difficult to see as the white templates are never drawn, but every adjacent duct or pipe along this line become connected. This once required me to deconstruct a large portion of my build as all my gasses that were in separate ducts were now flowing into other pipes. This save stutter-draw problem was much, much worse many months ago and there was a fix, but apparently it isn’t 100%.

Share this comment

On 5/4/2022 at 1:03 PM, sakura_sk said:

I don't think it's random. There is a "middle of the cycle" stutter when the screenshot for the timelapse is happening (at least I think that's when the screenshot is saved?). 

Migth be that but i can`t really point down to when it happens. Sometimes i feel like it can happen multiple times per cycle. Luckily it`s rare to get those kind of drag commands and yes it was the middle of the cycle but happened on the other planetoid. I paused and started looking if something weird happened elsewhere and i found this.

Share this comment