An ore got a melt message

eponchee
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello there, I just updated newest release of ONI, and i started a new world at last night.
The interest thing is i got a error you can see ↓

Assert failed: An ore got a melt message from the sim but it's still the correct temperature for its state!

yes, i have removed all mods from the game, but its still happen, i tried to back to earlier, still happen.
then i create second world, happen again, I don't understand whats going on. 

i have switched cloud-save to local-save

My PC running on Windows 10
AMD ryzen 3600x with rtx 2060 

[23 May update]: I tried to use my laptop to play the same world, its still crash   my desktop running windows 10 20H2 and laptop running 2004 release.   I tried to update my computer drivers, but doesn't work, still happend.

[24 May update]: I'm tring to find what reason caused this error, but when i enable debug model to dispel the fog at second star, same error happend again.

[27 May update]:Hello guys: I found this bug fixed at this update. 

downloa.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

enter the world and cancel pause, wait less than 1min, you don't have to do anything then game will crash.

• Sad Dupe 2

User Feedback

I'm getting the same error, save crashes about 1 min after loading

Assert failed: An ore got a melt message from the sim but it's still the correct temperature for its state!

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
Debug:LogError(Object, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:152)
Debug:Assert(Boolean, Object, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:197)
SimTemperatureTransfer:DoOreMeltTransition(Int32) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/SimTemperatureTransfer.cs:53)
Game:StepTheSim(Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1133)
Game:UnsafeSim200ms(Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1401)
Game:SimEveryTick(Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1367)
Game:Update() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1348)

Edited by rsxstock
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

Im getting the same message too, but its not 1 minute after loading save, its a few minutes in tried searching for the ore that 'melts' but nowhere to be found as of yet

Assert failed: An ore got a melt message from the sim but it's still the correct temperature for its state!

Debug:LogError(Object, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:152)
Debug:Assert(Boolean, Object, Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:197)
SimTemperatureTransfer:DoOreMeltTransition(Int32) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/SimTemperatureTransfer.cs:53)
Game:StepTheSim(Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1133)
Game:UnsafeSim200ms(Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1401)
Game:SimEveryTick(Single) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1367)
Game:Update() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1348)

Share this comment

I'm getting the same error, it happens everytime at cycle 161.

output_log.txt Player.log s4 Cycle 161.sav (1).sav

Share this comment

46 minutes ago, wurststulle said:

same problem here. can not upload savegame, size is > 5mb :(

I think you can choose a specific cycle upload, the lastest saved:), dont have to upload previous saved files(cycle).

Share this comment

Share this comment

Same problem here, using the Linux version.

[06:52:33.367] [1] [ERROR] <link="WATER">Water</link> Assert failed: An ore got a melt message from the sim but it's still the correct temperature for its state!
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, LogOption, String, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object, Object)
Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
Debug:Assert(Boolean, Object, Object)
SimTemperatureTransfer:DoOreMeltTransition(Int32)
Game:StepTheSim(Single)
Game:UnsafeSim200ms(Single)
Game:SimEveryTick(Single)
Game:Update()
(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

I got it reproducible with a particular save file, which crashes immediately after loading and unpausing (attached).

Steps to reproduce:
Load the attached save (fine). Unpause the game (crash).

The Beautiful Colony Cycle 275.sav

Share this comment

I have the same issues :( It's like 20 seconds on speed 3 in. I tried to look if the timing somehow syncs up with a volcano erupting but couldnt find anything...

Metropolis 2 Cycle 372.sav

Share this comment

same with me, out of nowhere. nothing on map is near melting state.

loaded previous cycle - time of crash shifted sighly further into next cycle, but happened anyway.

Share this comment

Also getting this. And I never installed any mods.

Share this comment