Worldgen seed error

Myalis
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello, I've ran into an error when generating a world with specific seed:  S-FRZ-207450-0.

Up until now I was playing a game with the very same seed that I started about 3 day back. I've ran it for about 60 cycles, but made a mistake and wanted to restart the game with the same seed. However, when trying to start it anew, I receive an error on the screenshot in the attachment.

The attached Player.log file actually shows a specific exception that caused the error.

Between the previous start and now the steam downloaded an update [Game Hotfix] - 472345 for me, so I suspect this update to be a cause. Disabling mods doesn't solve the issue, neither does deleting StreamingAssets folder and re-downloading them through the Steam's "Verify integrity of game files..." option.

I would be very pleased to have the option to play this seed specifically (in the state before the update) because it provided quite rare setup.

Is there any way to resolved this problem locally?

Thanks.

ONI error.png

Steps to Reproduce

1.) Attempt to start the new map with a seed S-FRZ-207450-0.

2.) Observe error message at about 5% of the map load.

User Feedback

In patch 472345 the biome sizes were corrected to their original size, which unfortunately means all seeds have been invalidated. The seed you are trying to generate will be quite different even if the specific issue is corrected.

Note that these seeds are automatically sent to us (respecting data privacy) and we do our best to improve the worldgen rules to reduce errors.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:22 PM, ck_wingz said:

I get this error when trying to start a new map on any asteroid, frustrating

If it's happening on all new worlds it sounds like your worldgen files are in a bad state. Try the following.

1. Browse the Local Files (right-click ONI -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files)
  2. Go into the OxygenNotIncluded_Data folder and delete StreamingAssets
  3. Verify Integrity of Game Files (right-click ONI -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files)
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment