wireless power transfer (Smart battery)

Gst0863
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

2019-07-22 19-32-42.mp4

One of my smart batteries somehow connects to another power grid, without being connected in any way.
as seen on the film, the battery gains power when the natural gas generator is turned on, and loses power when it's turned off.
- There is no wires connecting these two.
- the battery isn't connected to anything as i haven't build the wire connecting the battery to anything else.

Steps to Reproduce
not sure how to reproduce the issue, as i don't know what's happening

User Feedback

@Gst0863 It would likely be a good idea to include the savegame. I imagine there is a whole lot of data, which isn't displayed, which would be interesting to read. Data like which wire/building belongs to which electric network.

Also add how you ended up like that. Maybe you disconnected some wires, planned to build wires, but canceled or something. It's also possible you haven't got a clue and it just showed up on its own.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I'm very curious after seeing that. Probably will never understand this magic without savegame.

Share this comment

Hi @Gst0863, I couldn't figure out from the video why this had happened. Does it keep happening after the game has been loaded? If so, as Nightinggale says, a save file would be extremely useful for tracking this down, as well as any details you remember about what actions you performed to get there.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I sadly don't have a save file with the bug ingame as i forgot to save a separate file after i reported the bug (i tried to recover an older autosave but haven't been able to, if you know any method that may be able to do so i'm willing to try again)

when i noticed the bug, i were building a self powered oxygen generation module running on it's own wire network.
so i had just finished building the buildings and were now connecting the wires, looking away doing other stuff and when i looked back i just noticed the battery gaining/loosing power fast.
Destroying one of the ordinary wires from "the natgas gen network" (if i remember correctly it was the wires 2 tiles under the battery), solved the problem and when i build the wire again it didn't happen anymore.

i had told my dupes to build a conductive wire connecting the battery to the "oxygen network" but they hadn't build said wire yet.

not sure if it in any way can be helpful, but if you somehow can i use it, i have attached my current save file (after i fixed the problem inside my save)
and the oldest autosave i could find (also after fixing the problem in game)

Temple of the forgotten gods.sav

Temple of the forgotten gods Cycle 207.sav

Edited by Gst0863

Share this comment