Water Loss bug

tom89194
  • Pending

Water deletion while flowing, pumping, and/or venting (game breaking when finite water is major problem)

I have read about water deletion from falling... but this is from either flowing or interaction with pump, pipe, or vent. (I assume contaminated water doesn't lose mass when emitting cont. oxy. especially since I did not see tens of kilograms of cont. oxy. added to room.

Steps to Reproduce
Make a shallow tank of regular tiles 10 wide, put a liquid vent on the bottom left and a pump on the bottom right, connect the two with plumbing. Pump contaminated water into tank until water flows between vent and pump, and cut off external water, I went to about 70kg of contaminated water per tile. watch as water is deleted from closed system. I saw 70kg/tile drop below 20kg/tile in less than one Cycle.

User Feedback

You lose liquids in pumps and pipes.
As for the cont. water, no it doesn't emit cont. oxygen.
It simply contaminates any oxygen already there.
If you put a pool of cont. water in a vacuum, you wont see any cont. oxygen being emitted.

Share this comment

The water loss is driving me insane as well.  I found the game very addictive until I found out that 10 kg of water going into the shower was turning into 1 kg of contaminated water and less as the process goes forward.  This isn't even counting the fact that one unit of 10kg of water enters the shower every fifth of a second and 1kg of contaminated water leaves the shower every second.  So the true amount of water I'm left with when offering my people a shower is something like 2% of the water I used.  

I won't bug them on a review or anything if this is just an alpha bug, but if this continues into the main game...  HOLY **** AM I GONNA FLIP MY LID....  

I mention all of this because I'm worried Klei did this intentionally to add some BS difficulty curve. I know a lot of games that can't figure out how to make a game difficult pull **** like this and it bugs me there too.  Not as much though because this is some legendary horse ****.  

Share this comment

Calm down, its a known bug.

From what I understand, buildings that consume water and gas will receive a packet of liquid or gas (typically the max 10 kg), use only a portion of that, and inform the pipe code of how much it pulled in.  Currently, the pipe code does not handle this correctly, and deletes the whole 10kg rather than only what was used.

Edited by RoboPhred

Share this comment

Could you please upload a save file with your scenario? I think I recreated the scenario you're describing but unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the liquid getting destroyed.

Share this comment

try from an extreme height.  That's where I remember having problems similar to what the thread creator mentioned.  I think that at a certain height, the water is moving faster than the code can account for.  

• Like 1

Share this comment