Undiggable Regolith: Continues to be a problem

Gurgel
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

I have undiggable Regolith now every other day or so in my current colony:

bug05.png.eec5be255c0431553370b7e56ca8678c.png

What you see here is two auto-miners blasting the same time forever, with no effect. Fortunately this time no dupes climbed to the surface and died, but I have had that several times as well. The problem vanishes on save/restore, but this is really annoying and a long-term issue.

I have attached the current save with the situation above.

Steps to Reproduce

No known active way to trigger this. Running the attached save for a day or two may do it.

v062.sav

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

It seems this bug is building up over time, for some reason. After loading a save it works fine for a while, but then it starts again, and it gets worse over time. It starts with 1 or 2 undiggable tiles, and then it expands, until there are dozens of them after each meteor storm.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

Thanks for the save file. We're still trying to figure this one out, any info helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this comment

While it is hard to tell how often it happens, you can just let my save run, the colony is fully stable by itself. It seems to happen somewhere around once every 20-50h of running it at 3x. I also had it happen twice in 2 or 3 hours after loading a few days ago.

Edited by Gurgel

Share this comment

Just had one in the current dev version, after running it for around 650 cycles. Also confirmed: It is the tile, not the Regolith. If you dig the tile, but do not reload, next time Regolith falls on it, it immediately becomes undiggable again. 

Share this comment