Tidy Job does not sweep

novellus
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Duplicants assigned the Tidy Job do not sweep. See attached, Rowan and Meep ares assigned to Tidy, but are Idle.

• Debris is available to sweep
  • Several piles are assigned the sweep action specifically
  • Storage containers are available
  • One storage container is assigned sweep only

tidy_does_not_sweep.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Assign duplicant the tidy job, have stuff available to sweep, available storage containers, and no higher priority jobs: duplicants are idle.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug

User Feedback

I loaded your save file and I couldn't find anything marked for sweep and Rowan/Meep are not assigned to Tidy. Do you have a save file from when the bug was occuring?

tidy_does_not_sweep.png

Share this comment

@Cheerio, you've got the correct screenshot. When I download and load the save file it shows sweep icons on the piles above the latrine and shows Rowan/Meep assigned to Tidy. I double checked by removing all other save files and loading the attachment from my first post. One of us is missing something, I just don't know what it is. 

20180129221357_1.thumb.jpg.0e92947e6d29734f12b78f419c844200.jpg20180129221423_1.thumb.jpg.bdbebf1ec1d85c8eeea9fdee53a01076.jpg

Share this comment

I came here to report the same bug. They will only sweep items marked for sweeping if they're assigned to "supply." If you remove "supply," but keep only "tidy," they ignore sweep orders.

Share this comment

Just returning to note that this bug remains in the latest patch (and in a new save for me now). It should be easy to repro for dupes that aren't given the groundskeeper job:

1. Put storage on "sweep only" (not sure if this is required, but it's how I always have mine set up) 

2. Assign "tidy" task, but remove "supply" task.

3. Create a sweep job. They won't sweep.

4. Re-enable "supply" task. They will sweep.

Share this comment

I really hope this is fixed before preview goes live. I'm kinda surprised there aren't more people complaining about it lol. Guess it's just me, but I find it infuriating :p

Share this comment

.... ....

I have come to accept that Sweeping is strictly a Supply task. Your dups are literally Supplying items to the storage compactors.

Share this comment