The game won't start

goraciodark
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending
After updating the game, I try to start it, but it does not start, for a while I get a window with a Unity error and that's it. Reinstalling the game, steam, windows does not help

Безымянный.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Normal launch of the game from steam and an error occurs

User Feedback

had same issue and have a thread about it as well. this needs to get fixed. i am really bummed i cant play the dlc

Share this comment

9 hours ago, matalurus said:

same for me. Reinstall and remove save files does not help. 

same. i tried reinstalling oni, steam, i went to an old system restore point. nothin. this just happened out of nowhere too. i have over 400 hours on oni, with this exact same hardware. no changes to anything. turbo bummed

Share this comment

Game won't load even after uninstall / reinstall on macOS. This is the error I get on the crash screen 

Assert failed: subworlds/barren/LargeChasmStart (subworld) referenced a missing biome named biomes/Forest/Chasm

at UnityEngine.Debug.LogError (System.Object message) [0x00000] in <e1657d236626465fa504e26bd7b0991d>:0 
  at Debug.LogError (System.Object obj) [0x00000] in <17c79a458b344f3b889cbfe5cafaa12c>:0 
  at Debug.Assert (System.Boolean condition, System.Object message) [0x00000] in <17c79a458b344f3b889cbfe5cafaa12c>:0 
  at DebugUtil.Assert (System.Boolean test, System.String message0, System.String message1, System.String message2) [0x00000] in <17c79a458b344f3b889cbfe5cafaa12c>:0 
  at ProcGen.SettingsCache.LoadSubworlds (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] subworlds, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] errors) [0x00000] in <17c79a458b344f3b889cbfe5cafaa12c>:0 
  at ProcGen.SettingsCache.LoadFiles (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] errors) [0x00000] in <17c79a458b344f3b889cbfe5cafaa12c>:0 
  at ProcGenGame.WorldGen.LoadSettings () [0x00000] in <532b39cf437c428b8a5a4eb95bec01f6>:0 
  at LoadScreen.OnActivate () [0x00000] in <532b39cf437c428b8a5a4eb95bec01f6>:0 
  at KScreen.Activate () [0x00000] in <17c79a458b344f3b889cbfe5cafaa12c>:0 
  at LoadScreen.ShowMigrationIfNecessary (System.Boolean fromMainMenu) [0x00000] in <532b39cf437c428b8a5a4eb95bec01f6>:0 
  at MainMenu.OnSpawn () [0x00000] in <532b39cf437c428b8a5a4eb95bec01f6>:0 
  at KMonoBehaviour.Spawn () [0x00000] in <17c79a458b344f3b889cbfe5cafaa12c>:0 
  at KMonoBehaviour.Start () [0x00000] in <17c79a458b344f3b889cbfe5cafaa12c>:0 

Share this comment

Hi, we're still trying to figure out a reliable solution for clearing the startup crash. It seems that some old files from the DLC are getting stuck in the install folder. Some things to try:

• Right-click ONI -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse local files .... go into the OxygenNotIncluded_Data folder and delete StreamingAssets, then Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Uninstall and reinstall the game through steam
  • Browse to the local files as above, uninstall the game, after uninstall finishes delete any files that are left over in the SteamApps/common/OxygenNotIncluded folder, and then reinstall.

Please be careful when deleting files on your hard drive, and let us know if any of these solutions fixes the problem for you so we can share the information!

Share this comment

I don't see OxygenNotIncluded_Data folder and delete StreamingAssets. In the unity.Klei.OxygentNotIncluded I see the following folders but I don't think those are what you're talking about - see screenshot. 

Thank you so much for your help!

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 11.52.50 AM.png

Share this comment

Hey @MadStand, sorry if the instructions weren't clear.

First try uninstall/reinstall through Steam.

If that doesn't work, right-click/two-finger click on Oxygen Not Included in the steam library, Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files. It should open a folder with nothing but the OxygenNotIncluded app in it (as in the below screenshot). Delete that and reinstall from Steam.

image.png

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hi, we're still trying to figure out a reliable solution for clearing the startup crash. It seems that some old files from the DLC are getting stuck in the install folder. Some things to try:

• Right-click ONI -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse local files .... go into the OxygenNotIncluded_Data folder and delete StreamingAssets, then Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Uninstall and reinstall the game through steam
  • Browse to the local files as above, uninstall the game, after uninstall finishes delete any files that are left over in the SteamApps/common/OxygenNotIncluded folder, and then reinstall.

Please be careful when deleting files on your hard drive, and let us know if any of these solutions fixes the problem for you so we can share the information!

@Ipsquiggle i have tried all of this, plus more and still nothing works. I am not running osX though, i am on windows. 

Share this comment

Their auto detect and download says I'm current. This crash happened out of nowhere one day. Other games and programs work, but ONI just decided to die one day @Ipsquiggle

Share this comment

Hmmmmmm....

Could you try right-clicking on the game, Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options, and enter -force-glcore into the box, and then run the game?

image.png

Share this comment

I had a similar window happen during Super Bucky Ball tournament. Hope you guys at Klei figure it out so I could share feedback to the people who make that game.

Share this comment

@Ipsquiggle any clues on possible patch to get this funky error on ONI fixed?

With my base game not even working, I doubting if I should get the new DLC. I don't mean to sound like a whiny ass, but for some damn reason it seems Unity borked or shomethin else, WHO KNOWS.

Please doods, we love your games. Thank you for the awesome games you've made and the even cooler ones yet.

Share this comment

22 hours ago, cereal510 said:

@Ipsquiggle какие-нибудь подсказки о возможном патче, чтобы исправить эту напуганную ошибку на ONI?

Поскольку моя базовая игра даже не работает, я сомневаюсь, стоит ли мне получить новый DLC. Я не хочу показаться плаксивой задницей, но по какой-то чертовой причине кажется, что Unity борется или шометин, КТО ЗНАЕТ.

Пожалуйста, дудс, мы любим ваши игры. Спасибо за отличные игры, которые вы сделали, а еще за еще более крутые.

There is no point in buying, it also does not work

Share this comment