The game still claims that VC++2015 is not installed when it is

soapnrye
  • Pending

I've installed and re-installed VC++2015 couple times but had no luck. 

So I tried installing all Windows update even though SP1 was already there, updated my GPU driver and pretty much did all the thing in the troubleshooting guide but it still insist that I do not have VC installed. 

Any idea?

I'm running Windows 7 x64bit. And other specs are definitely higher than the requirement. 

Steps to Reproduce
Launched the game and pressed new game.

User Feedback

Please do not be offended but did you pirate the game or did you buy it? Cause there was a bug in the game in a older version that caused this.

Share this comment

Non-taken. That's a valid question.

But I bought the alpha from Steam. My game's current version number is 5.3.6.1367. 

Share this comment

Ok now thats out of the way, can you upload this file  Steam\SteamApps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\output_log.txt

Share this comment

This is interesting ...

Failed to load 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/Plugins/SimDLL.dll' with error '%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Share this comment

@soapnrye i had VC++ problem with a different game and only reinstalling the 2015 didnt solve it (tried multiple times), but removing all old VC++ and then reinstalling 2015 (32bit and 64bit) solved all my problems

Share this comment

@soapnrye well, my last long shot is, are you running steam as administrator? (there was a case earlier in bug report where admin right was the solution, tho it was win10)

Share this comment

I am glad I am not the only one with this problem. No matter what I do it won't work. I am on windows 8.1.

Share this comment

I FOUND THE SOLUTION:

DELETE THIS FILE FROM THE GAME FOLDER  (\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015\installscript.vdf)

is really weird because i think that folder has nothing to do with the game files. but i deleted this file and bingo! the error is gone

sry for my english

hope is work for you.

Share this comment

@SouzaZX @AlexRou And to whoever is following this thread still, I stumbled upon another thread who used to have the same problem as mine. I followed their method and it worked. And it was so simple that it baffled me for a sec. I had to uninstall and reinstall not just VC 2015 X64 but also VC 2015 X86 despite my OS being just 64bit. Once both of them were freshly installed and restarted, the game immediately ran.

Klei's troubleshoot guideline doesn't necessarily state that you need both which I think should be clarified. I was just gonna wait for next update or the official release until I decided to give it a go again today. 

Edited by soapnrye

Share this comment

24 minutes ago, soapnrye said:

@SouzaZX @AlexRou And to whoever is following this thread still, I stumbled upon another thread who used to have the same problem as mine. I followed their method and it worked. And it was so simple that it baffled me for a sec. I had to uninstall and reinstall not just VC 2015 X64 but also VC 2015 X86 despite my OS being just 64bit. Once both of them were freshly installed and restarted, the game immediately ran.

Klei's troubleshoot guideline doesn't necessarily state that you need both which I think should be clarified. I was just gonna wait for next update or the official release until I decided to give it a go again today. 

Well @Blas88 said " i had VC++ problem with a different game and only reinstalling the 2015 didnt solve it (tried multiple times), but removing all old VC++ and then reinstalling 2015 (32bit and 64bit) solved all my problems "

And then you said " Just tried that. Did not solve the issue. :/ Dang it! "

So I assumed you installed the 32 bit version and the 64 bit version ...

Share this comment