The Game is crashing after Klei logo displayed

thinkpad4
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

02:34:31.819] [1] [WARNING] SteamManager [Steamworks.NET] SteamAPI_Init() failed. Refer to Valve's documentation or the comment above this line for more information. [02:34:31.820] [1] [ERROR] Steam not initialized in time.

I've restarted Steam, ran as admin, restarted PC, nothing works. Please help I really wanna play. Win7 64-bit

Steps to Reproduce
I click play in Steam

User Feedback

From the log it looks like the game is having trouble finding Steam. Are you running from within Steam itself?

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

I am, I also tried running the program as a admin, both the game and Steam

Edited by thinkpad4

Share this comment

11 hours ago, thinkpad4 said:

I am, I also tried running the program as a admin, both the game and Steam

Do you have an AV running? Sometimes that muddles with Steam and the game.

Share this comment

Can you download and install Steam again from Steampowered.com? If you are already on the latest version you'll probably have to remove it first. From the log you posted it really looks like that the game cannot find Steam.

Share this comment

That seems like a real pain to do, also when I loaded the audio debug version it loaded.  What would cause it to not see Steam?  I can't be the only one to have had this issue

Edited by thinkpad4

Share this comment

9 hours ago, thinkpad4 said:

Well, what should I do?

You could try reinstalling ONI and/or Steam.

If the audio debug version worked, then maybe reinstalling ONI would fix the trick.

Share this comment

@thinkpad4 We have been looking into this and it's not clear what's happening. We updated to the latest Steamworks SDK since you last posted, are you still unable to play the game? If that's the case could you share Steam client info (Help -> About Steam).

I've been troubleshooting in this thread. We found that it was an issue caused by Steam not updating properly. Reinstalling Steam fixed it for untitled7 and you can do so without reinstalling your games if you move your Steamapps folder first.

Edited by EricKlei
Added details about a potential solution.
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment