1. Dupes delivers material for building

2. Dupes has no ban on building

3. Dupes walk away

4. Another Dupes receive a building order 

20190427005427_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Always

User Feedback

#1 - I believe something may be interrupting supply missions, causing Dupes to drop materials. I've only seen it with Dupes on cooking supply errands while climbing ladders.

#2 is a consequence of how you've assigned priorities to your Dupes.

If Dupe #1 has a "very high" priority on Supply errands, that Dupe will take Supply errands over Construct errands, regardless of distance. So Dupe #1 finishes delivering the material, and chooses a distant project because it's higher priority for that Dupe than construction. Dupe #2 has a "very high" priority on construction errands, and takes the newly available construction errand.

If you want to avoid this, don't elevate Supply errands for a Dupe unless you also elevate Build errands for that Dupe.

Keep in mind that Dupe priorities are more important than the priority of the specific errand. A Dupe will take a "very high" priority errand with a priority of 2 over a "medium" priority errand with a priority of 9.

Share this comment

And with 20 duplicants in the base, you should just specialized each duplicant to one task. ;)

This system is sometime awlfull for standard errands. But for special errands, such as research or analyses, it allow the scientist duplicants to go on these errands regardless of wath theyr were doing.

Share this comment

16 hours ago, Gus Smedstad said:

#1 - I believe something may be interrupting supply missions, causing Dupes to drop materials. I've only seen it with Dupes on cooking supply errands while climbing ladders.

it happens on a flat surface

16 hours ago, Gus Smedstad said:

#2 is a consequence of how you've assigned priorities to your Dupes.

Dupes must fulfill the request "deliver and build"

"Builder" taken from the other side of the base

15 hours ago, Gwido said:

This system is sometimes awfully for standard errands. 

we're talking about  standard errands. 

Share this comment

31 minutes ago, AKG said:

iDupes must fulfill the request "deliver and build"

"Builder" taken from the other side of the base

They're still separate tasks. Every build task starts with a Supply errand.  They're labeled "supply or build," but that's a reference to how the priorities work, not an indication it's a single, monolithic task.

As for the builder starting from the other side of the base, I've already explained why it works that way.

Share this comment

15 hours ago, Gus Smedstad said:

They're still separate tasks. Every build task starts with a Supply errand.  They're labeled "supply or build," but that's a reference to how the priorities work, not an indication it's a single, monolithic task.

As for the builder starting from the other side of the base, I've already explained why it works that way.

I know why it works like this.

it works stupid.

Share this comment

This is a bug tracking forum. What you’re describing is a design issue, not a bug. If you feel you have a better solution, post it in the suggestions forum.

Share this comment

Change your dupes priorities or set them all to neutral ( - ) and it should smooth a lot of this behavior out. Any time they have a max priority job, they will interupt other jobs to do it, causing this behavior.

Not a bug.

Share this comment