Space scanner fail to detect meteor.

Tranoze
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

image.thumb.png.9f769e98bc5654925be7a65c1fe6ed7d.png

No "incoming object detected" even when meteor shower come.

Steps to Reproduce

Use meteor scanner from a saved world.
Meteor shower come.

User Feedback

Mine were stuck on "not detecting meteors" and put out green signal. I rebuilded the automation wire connected to them in order to get them to work again

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

@gabberworld Does this happen reliably in that save? Would you be able to post it here so I can see what's going on? Thanks!

i wanted investigate this more, thanks for remind this. i give more info when i found out what is happening.

save game self not work, because like i see is that meteors are separated from save games.

only way see that is basically wait self the meteor shower

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

do either of you have a save that seems to reliably cause this bug?

Loading an old base game save (saved it again with no mods loaded), space scanners are outputting green although they are not detecting anything. Only after deconstructing and rebuilding the automation wire in the scanner, they start working correctly.

image.thumb.png.9ea8ed0642002cee3db56cbe70257c6c.png

Factory 1324 new.sav

• Like 1

Share this comment

33 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Loading an old base game save (saved it again with no mods loaded), space scanners are outputting green although they are not detecting anything. Only after deconstructing and rebuilding the automation wire in the scanner, they start working correctly.

image.thumb.png.9ea8ed0642002cee3db56cbe70257c6c.png

Factory 1324 new.sav 11.83 MB · 2 downloads

that is very old bug, i hope it fill be fixed, this not really todo with current bug report tho

Edited by gabberworld

Share this comment

51 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

that is very old bug, i hope it fill be fixed, this not really todo with current bug report tho

I literally generated this world 2 weeks ago in base game with dlc disabled in steam, not in game. (dev build have new world gen implemented but i like some specific old seed.) and got this bug (after game update.). 
However even with some of my old save (by old i mean 5~6 days ago) i failed to reproduce this bug, it only happened to me once, so hope sakura's save would be enough.

Edited by Tranoze

Share this comment

22 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

I literally generated this world 2 weeks ago in base game with dlc disabled in steam, not in game. (dev build have new world gen implemented but i like some specific old seed.) and got this bug. 
However even with some of my old save (by old i mean 5~6 days ago) i failed to reproduce this bug, it only happened to me once, so hope sakura's save would be enough.

your bug what you reported is that Space scanner not detects meteors.

what he posted is Space scanner sends out the green signal when there no meteors

they are 2 different bugs

but if they both are related each other then it can be that 2 bugs fixed at one time

Edited by gabberworld

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Thanks @gabberworld for getting back to me! I also got this bug confused with another and forgot to ask: @Tranoze and @sakura_sk do either of you have a save that seems to reliably cause this bug?

Ok got the save that generated the bug. Seem like once meteorshower come, some of the scanner give incoming object detected, and some dont. And you will only see the bug easily if the main meteor scanner cant detect meteor.
This happened in the same frame, the scanner on the left cant detect meteor but the scanner on the right can.
image.thumb.png.cd5179a85d16771532925293e449bf0b.pngimage.thumb.png.35b6b6f82c367ee6c25818640a5e3c1d.png

Step to reproduce: 

Load the game.
Wait until day 707 for meteor to come.

The Star-crossed Space Hut Cycle 706.sav

Share this comment