Solar Panels overheating - physics change?

Gembator
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

I found that my rock solid solar set-up started to overheat with the new update.

Now, this could be a change by design. It seems that my solar panels now pick up heat from:

1. debris that falls onto them
  2. liquid pipes
  3. material on conveyor rails

Have not testes with gas pipes. Not sure about power wires.

Is there somewhere a log we can check to see what changed in the physics?

Steps to Reproduce

Load my save game

User Feedback

yes there is something what caused some off them overheat, not sure yet what exactly as i to have hot materials nearby

Edited by gabberworld

Share this comment

There was a change of the base tiles of solar panels and critter feeder (I think) along with base tiles of rocket platform of the DLC. There is also the "no more possible to build heavi-wat inside panel" you need to watch out for. (If you build heavi-wat and on top of that a solar panel it is possible but not the other way around)

Share this comment

I could solve the liquid pipe problem by replacing sections with bridges.

It seems what changed as well is the way debris get moved around. Suddenly I see debris falling down on my panels that wasn't there before.

23 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

There was a change of the base tiles of solar panels and critter feeder (I think) along with base tiles of rocket platform of the DLC. There is also the "no more possible to build heavi-wat inside panel" you need to watch out for. (If you build heavi-wat and on top of that a solar panel it is possible but not the other way around)

Indeed, funny change about the heavy watt and heavy watt conductive wires. Don't really understand why you would do this in the game. Yeah it makes it harder, but not more fun. It is just an annoyance.

I think I solved the debris problem by closing up the diagonals in the base of my regolith collector system.

Share this comment