Purple and green lines all over screen

AppleSaurusRawr
  • Version: OSX Pending

Cannot play the game because purple and green lines are covering the screen. I put the game down for about 9 months hoping it would be fixed after reporting it, and it still hasn’t been fixed. I haven’t been able to play this game at all since purchasing. And honestly I want to at least get an hour of game time with it. 

Will this ever even be touched on... because the last time I posed this exact same graphical bug it was just ignored. 

User Feedback

Do you have a screenshot? I know such visual bugs, but none of them where related to the game itselt. In most of the cases it was a driver.issue. Sometimes it was the GPU itself. 

Do you encounter problems (not necessarily the exact same one) in other games or programs?

Share this comment

5 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Do you encounter problems (not necessarily the exact same one) in other games or programs?

That's a really good question. Also which computer do you have? Apple have had issues with GPUs. The 2011 MacBook Pro received extended warranty due to dying GPUs and now the replaced GPUs gets issues as well. The common theme for that MacBook is that when the GPU is going bad, there is no real pattern. It just starts to display incorrectly. "Weird lines in games using a certain GPU instruction" could fall into this category.

It should be mentioned that it was a bad GPU in general and all computers with it are affected, not just macs. However Apple ended up standing out because of how widespread they used it while other companies used way more different GPUs in different models, meaning they didn't encounter all of their computers breaking at the same time. Also it's not a general problem with macs, just some (now a bit dated) specific models.

Even if you do not have a hardware issue, including which specific computer and GPU you have would be useful in figuring out why you have a problem, which apparently doesn't affect lots of people. Also which version of MacOS. A bug report which doesn't hint anything about what went wrong technically and where the developer says "works for me" is kind of useless because the developer will not have a chance to do anything about it. It's kind of like telling a mechanic "my car won't start, but you aren't allowed to see it. Just tell me what's wrong without any other information".

• Like 1

Share this comment

I haven’t encountered any issues on any other games. It’s a brand new Mac I bought it maybe two years ago. This is the only game I really have an issue with. If I could get a refund I would, but I can’t so I’m here begging for some type of fix. I can link to the original post, but I do not have the screenshot any longer. 

All they told me was that they couldn’t replicate the issue and then I heard nothing. It’s been nearly a year and I’ve not been able to play even 30 minutes of the game.... if I could get a refund I would in a heart beat. 

Share this comment

Hello @AppleSaurusRawr, I'm just a forum moderator so be warned that I cannot guarantee a fix for your issue NOR can I verify things about refunds (but I've seen Klei give refunds to users who cannot play the game correctly. However, it's been over a year since your purchase so you'll have to take it up with them). You contact them through Klei Support and provide your information and request for refund. Other than that I cannot provide more info.

Concerning your issue though, have you updated to the latest version of the game? I'll assume you have, correct?

Have you then tried fiddling with the resolution refresh rate? Firstly, determine your system's default refresh rate. Refresh rate refers to the ## Hz value. By default some monitors/display utilize 60Hz. So check if the selected refresh rate for the game is the same as what your OSX machine can display. If not change it to the correct rate.

• Go to Options > Graphics > Resolution
  • Determine default setting (take note): If for example if it is set to 1920 x 1080 @ 59 Hz
  • Then change to other Hz option: i.e. 60, 70, 75

Again, this might not be the issue but it's worth looking at in the mean time.

Also please provide a copy of your computer's specs as it may shed more light on other factors that may be causing the issue:

MAC SYSTEM SPECS
- Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your Mac, where the navigation/menu bar is located
- Click "About This Mac", a new window will open up
- Click on Overview Tab for your basic computer specs (including Processor, Memory, and Graphics Card)
- Provide a copy of your Mac specs list

Share this comment