Polluted Water Multiplies?

Zeteo
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

So I have a steam geyser that spawned above a large ice biome and a pump used to feed the base with water (filter / sieve for any polluted ice that feeds back to the top where the geyser is). The water is sufficiently cold (and a lot has turned into ice - have over 25t sitting in just 1 spot in my reservoir).

The issue is, even though there is a ton of water, I can't seem to ever filter out the polluted water... in fact the amount of polluted water has grown considerably over the course of ~150 cycles, despite the fact there is no polluted water being put into the system. Unless regular water is suppose to turn into polluted water on contact with the polluted water, there is a bug here (unless I missed something).

TLDR: My cold biome reservoir is producing polluted water with only clean water being added.5a81c15835bd3_PollutedWaterReservoir1.thumb.jpg.9e0bd0152d5182d76523641002b8a2e6.jpg

This system has been in place for probably around 150 cycles (starting with very little polluted water and a lot of clean water).
Now it's all polluted with only clean water being added to it.

5a81c159e9fa8_PollutedWaterReservoir2.thumb.jpg.6a4ed390400b44c8e903c8dd1a231157.jpg

Note the steam geyser at top center. The 2 liquid outputs are both clean water
(1 from a different geyser, the other from the sieves cleaning the polluted water below)

Polluted Water X C-200.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Setup a cold biome water cooling system with only clean water being added (I had 2 steam geysers + the sieves that were filtering that fed the reservoir).

User Feedback

I thought that was happening at first, but I looked around, not enough polluted ice to account for that much polluted water, unless I missed some. At any rate, I've done this several times before, without even close to as much polluted water before.

I would have thought that after 150 cycles of 2 sieves running (and probably ~50 cycles of 4 running), I would have cleaned a lot of it, but there is still tons of it. I wonder if the slime biome above it could affect it? Like if polluted oxygen or slime contributes to it somehow? I've been running under the assumption that polluted oxygen / slime doesn't affect clean water.

Share this comment

dripping water into pwater is actually causing the water to state insert below pwater and then become pwater, water surrounded on 3 sides by polluted water becomes polluted water, so yes, everywhere that is dripping water into your pwater is making more pwater from the water.

Share this comment

Not a new feature.

On 2017/12/31 at 12:23 PM, R9MX4 said:

It seems only happened when a tile of water is surrounded by at least 3 tiles of polluted water(right, left, top left).

1.png.d8a874a2c58f52920ae8f736efebd10c.p

And you can use this trick to convert water into polluted water easily.

1.png.5a34a975010f1c32d88f8cc2f05934da.p

Share this comment

Changed Status to Closed

It is the intended behaviour that small bits of clean water can become polluted when surrounded by polluted water.

Share this comment