Pipe-environment heat transfer broke/change in 352488

fiziologus
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

It same issue as

with some test results.

OK. Testing grounds before 352488. Coper radiant pipe. Hydrogen in pipe cool down to water temperature, all work stable.20190716123010_1.thumb.jpg.53e9aceb0b4ba94e2d111fd3a21b9839.jpg

Current state with same set-up.20190717095848_1.thumb.jpg.8900dee0608bd4472402e2093e052d60.jpg

Hydrogen freeze to liquid after less than one (about 3/4) cycle.

Next setup. Same start conditions, but use common pipe (granite) instead radiant.20190717102045_1.thumb.jpg.5a61fa294147d96cdec794aaadf5636f.jpg

Hydrogen freeze after about half cycle.

Also, in begin state (fill pipe, power shut-off) hydrogen in pipes (both radiant and common) almost no change temperature and oscillate around start temperature (cool down to 0.1 deg then restore, in radiant pipes with very slow cooling).

No test for liquid pipes.

Steps to Reproduce
Create radiator with radiant pipe.
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

What is the input temp of liquid -> aqua tuner, where the pipe breaks?
I had to use a valve, that packets get mixed better and a filter on my temp sensor / 2s, to prevent that.
When you have a "self running" loop (two bridges) and only "feed" fluid through AT, when cooling is needed, packets are not mixed, when temp sensor triggers two times at same packet without mixing, it gets sure too cold / freezing damage.
Sure something changed..

Share this comment

I am noticing the same issue and I specifically believe what is broken is the heat transfer from a pipe to a packet and vice versa.  My setup has two adjacent radiant pipes, one filled with very cold hydrogen, and one filled with hot oxygen.  The aim is to cool the oxygen by having the packets exchange heat with the pipe, and then the pipes exchange heat with the environment.  The temperature of the packets of hydrogen and oxygen do not change as they pass through that room.

Here's a gif of what I see: 

Normally what I'd see is the temperature of the oxygen dropping to about 40-ish degrees F by the time it reached the end of the section of radiant pipes, while the temperature of the hydrogen would raise considerably as it left the room.  The room itself was sitting at about 10-20 degrees F back when this was functioning as expected.

Edited by MagnetMD

Share this comment