On Load, pressing "C" Generates a Notification

Voideka
  • Branch: Preview Branch Pending

Version TU0211704. I was already in game and loaded my auto-save. I pressed "c" to start giving a 'cancel' order while the icons were still greyed out, and instead a tutorial style message popped up in the message log on the left saying "This message is a notification". Each press of "c" spawned a new one, with an increasing number "This message is a notification(1)". Clicking the message brought up a tutorial style dialog about duplicants needing access to areas you give them orders in, or something of that nature. Unfortunately, when I alt+tabbed to start the bug report, the behavior ceased. I am unable to reproduce it currently.

Steps to Reproduce
Load a save While the buttons are still all grayed out from the initial load, press "c"

User Feedback

Are you sure you didn't press Alt+C? Because that is bound to DebugNotificationMessage.

Share this comment

You could have the Alt button funcion stuck and thats why pressing Alt+tab fixed it since the system realized you dont keep pressing Alt anymore. And as Risu said Alt+C is a debug hotkey. (2-3 days ago i had a stuck Alt funcion while playing another game. Could be operation system or game related)

Share this comment

It sounds like you guys have the right of it, though I wasn't pressing Alt+C since I did it maybe 10 times and that would be a lot of times to accidentally hit both. I'm guessing I hit Alt while it was loading causing the game to get a down press event but not an up event, or something similar.

Share this comment