OI-234177 Insufficient Oxygen Generation warning

SchlauFuchs
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Pending

Hi,

In my game that I started fresh for the Oil Upgrade, I have a constant warning about not enough Oxygen generation. I am not thinking the warning is correct, although the report shows massive more gas lost than generated - at the same time, my coloiny has only 8 dupes and 5 Algae Deoxidyzers running all around the cycle. The pressure in the colony is in the green zone (bright blue on oxygen overlay), and was so for most of the 69 cycles so far.

Rocky Spacestation.sav

Steps to Reproduce
check reports.

User Feedback

You have 5 deoxidizers for only 8 dupes. That means you are hitting max pressure on most of them, and they aren't producing more oxygen. The warning is based on produced oxygen during each cycle, not the leftover oxygen stuck in your base.

I'm not really sure the best way of solving this problem (as others have had this same "problem"). There would have to be an oxygen pressure check in the main part of your base or something?? I personally think its fine, maybe just a better description to explain better to players.

Share this comment

Whew. Nothing major broken here. The oxygen report and accumulator on the dupe is just getting updated twice.
Once in the main oxygen breathing class, and once in the world consumption class.
The suit tank class isn't doing anything special so dupes in a suit have the correct stats.

Share this comment

I am finding a similar issue to the OP. I am playing Oil Upgrade Preview 234177 too. I've attached my save, which uses fewer Deoxydisers for the same number of dupes as the OP (and one of the Deoxydisers in my save has been turned off almost all game). When I check back through the daily reports, almost every day shows negative O2 generation, alerts pop up daily saying "insufficient oxygen generation", but the overlay shows a base full of clean O2... It feels like something is wrong or my Deoxydisers are producing more oxygen that they have in the past.

OU_bug_OxygenGeneration.sav

20170925181452_1.jpg

Share this comment

I keep having to remind myself that it's not all that important when I have an are of sufficiently high concentration for them to use.

The numbers are based on Net Consumption vs  Net Production.

A common dupe sitting idle in perfect O2 will consume 120kg of O2 per cycle.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, The Plum Gate said:

I keep having to remind myself that it's not all that important when I have an are of sufficiently high concentration for them to use.

The numbers are based on Net Consumption vs  Net Production.

A common dupe sitting idle in perfect O2 will consume 120kg of O2 per cycle.

If 120kg per cycle is the theoretical consumption in perfect O2, then I think the daily reports of O2 consumption in the save file I posted above are correct. They tend to read between 80-110kg per dupe per cycle, which for an active dupe seems realistic. If that's all correct, then doesn't it mean the Oxygen in my save file is bugged? I am only producing half what I'm consuming, but the Oxygen overlay remains all light blue, as in the photo. 

Edited by Theoretician

Share this comment

48 minutes ago, Theoretician said:

If that's all correct, then doesn't it mean the Oxygen in my save file is bugged?

No, I doubt that it does, the correlation is between net production and net consumption at that moment - it will go away when one is greater than the other, you can check via the reports info panel ( E ) for the current day - it doesn't account for what is laying about, what was produced the previous cycles, or what was there to begin with - just the relation of those two numbers. On top of this there are other gases like PO2 that dupes can breath, converting this to O2 counts towards oxygen production numbers. It also counts in the O2 overlay.

You are correct - variations in duplicant breathing are normal - especially when they're holding their breath.  I like the diver's lung dupe myself, but I'm a low dupe count algae type player. I find that having more than two deoxidizers goes through way too much algae ...and usually end up with some elaborate HHO setup from a geyser.

My general feeling is that there's some CO2 getting deleted as they run around in high concentrations of O2. There might be a breathing/animation bug, but I don't know for sure. My base stays light blue/cyan unless I have them remodel the inside, then things get tricky. Most of the work goes on outside the base and these spaces are far from breathable. O2 concentrations are always on my mind, the insufficient production is almost always present, even while maintaining a perfectly sane base design. Lately I've been a little shocked by the masses of gas being consumed by 12 dupes, but that's just the latest play through.

I'm able to maintain O2 levels with two deoxidizers and a gas line from a three electrolyzer HHO setup pinched off at 200g/s...mostly this concentration is accomplished by an upside down bowl shaped base where most of the traffic is going on at the bottom of the base. There are 12 dupes in the colony, and that warning has been there for almost the entire timeline.

The technical threshold at which O2 would be changed 1:1 for C02 would be at 200g per tile - I've had this happen before and oxygen gets depleted very rapidly. Heavy workloads around oxygen production equipment also make for interesting gas distributions.

Most of my game time, I see that warning. it's practically useless, really. It should be more of a critical warning in general when there simply isn't enough oxygen or none being produced or introduced at all - that seems like a reasonable red level alert to have for some value of "reachable reserve" breathable gas.

Share this comment

15 hours ago, Risu said:

Whew. Nothing major broken here. The oxygen report and accumulator on the dupe is just getting updated twice.
Once in the main oxygen breathing class, and once in the world consumption class.
The suit tank class isn't doing anything special so dupes in a suit have the correct stats.

Just gonna point that out again.

Share this comment