Nosh bean is not added to "cooking ingredients" category when discovered (possible regression)

Tiwx
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

When I create a new colony in version LU-359645 and discover nosh beans for the first time, "nosh bean" is added as an item type under the "seeds" category, but not the "cooking ingredients" category. Annoyingly, this makes it impossible to refrigerate them.
A savegame from august 13th from a colony that had already already discovered nosh beans has them listed under both the "seeds" and "cooking ingredients" categories, so I think this is likely a recent regression.

Steps to Reproduce
Create a new colony. Use the sandbox tools to spawn a nosh bean next to your duplicants. Expand the "cooking ingredients" item category in either the item HUD or the item filter for a refrigerator/ration box.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I have a related, but in some senses opposite bug with nosh beans: Even though I've never seen or discovered any nosh beans in my colonies they're available (as tofu) as an option in the cooking recipes menus from the start, unlike the other recipes that unlock and show up as you discover the ingredients.

Share this comment

I have this same bug in RP-383949 (latest), Nosh Bean is discovered and added to Seeds but not to Cooking Ingredients, hence cannot be refrigerated, restarting the game has no effect

Share this comment

On 12/18/2019 at 11:00 PM, fsdgsdwfqgqwsdf said:

I have this same bug in RP-383949 (latest), Nosh Bean is discovered and added to Seeds but not to Cooking Ingredients, hence cannot be refrigerated, restarting the game has no effect

I can confirm. It adds Pincha Peppernut instead of Nosh Bean.

Edited by Erikvv

Share this comment

I had the same problem (AP-420700-D).

I think I found a solution. Woo :D 

For the Players:

I made a small mod to fix the bug until the devs fix it.

For the Devs:

I think the end of line 57 in BeanPlantConfig.cs (extracted with dotPeak):

GameObject registerSeedForPlant = EntityTemplates.CreateAndRegisterSeedForPlant(plant, SeedProducer.ProductionType.Harvest, "BeanPlantSeed", name2, desc2, anim2, additionalTags: additionalTags, replantGroundTag: replantGroundTag, sortOrder: 4, domesticatedDescription: domesticateddesc, collisionShape: EntityTemplates.CollisionShape.RECTANGLE, width: 0.6f, height: 0.3f);

Should be "height: 0.3f, ignoreDefaultSeedTag: true);".

Share this comment