No heat exchange between items on conveyor rails and tiles when off-screen

bzzz
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Fixed

It appears that heat exchange between items on conveyor rails and tiles that it goes through sometimes does not happen. I think it occurs off-screen only. Meaning that when I look at it, it works as expected but when I do something different and not looking at it, it doesn't.

Here is an example when there is a huge temperature difference between regolith in conveyor rails and steel tiles it goes through:

5c1638f8746c3_OxygenNotIncluded_236.thumb.png.2f5445e20e0ae098eb91633a840e13bd.png

But after some time when the line starts moving the heat transfer functionality restores. Here is the same line several seconds after:

5c16395e14d9d_OxygenNotIncluded_238.thumb.png.03d4b0f6ccffc3f7d2d0a203b2bcfa78.png

There is a save file with the system on the screenshot. Just move the camera away from it for about a minute (maybe less) to see the heat transfer stop.

Rock'n'Rise.sav

Steps to Reproduce
1. Load save file. 2. Move camera away for about a minute. 3. Return to the scene and see regolith on conveyor rails of about 300C. 4. Wait when the line starts moving (after some regolith melts). 5. Look at the temperature of regolith start to increase.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Can confirm this issue still exists, my rock cooler works perfectly on screen but puts 1100C rock into my base if it's off screen... really disappointing.

Share this comment