new version update is not working and old update is loaded

Frrfrr
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

hi, i have put here a bug before and it has disappeared ... so i repeat. the game is updated, the game is verified for integrity all ok. the game starts and new first screens are loaded. there is written build su 291278. the problem is when i push load the loads from previous update i may play. but i already played new version and those new versions i can not load. now when i load old version, old game version works. simply something happened i can not play new update only old one. can it have something with registry? my security firewall told me something about it. how to solve the issue i may play new saves i made few days ago. thanks

Steps to Reproduce
i load game and old version works with the steam

User Feedback

in main load menu i have offer only of the old update files. they all work, but i may play the game unupdated. simply before patch. the games after last patch have disappeared and are no longer available in load menu, although i played after patch 2 days and saved them. the game somehow degradated to previous patch and i can not update

Share this comment

i have reinstalled game many times, even steam and still i have old game version. i start to doubt, that even new patch might solve the issue and i might be stucked with old version forever. please, help me. thanks

Share this comment

yes, the game says it works on version 291640, however, i may load only old prepatch loads and no new ... simply it works on old version. i reinstalled game like +10 times, reinstalled steam ... does not work. the from picture says development build SU-291640 however it loads old files only and works on old version too ...

Share this comment

10 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Had simliar issues after the last patch. I have removed the debug_enabled.txt from the folder, and it works fine. 

thanks, however, i can not find this file on system disk as well as on game data disk. where i could find it?

Share this comment

@Frrfrr A few things to try to see if we can diagnose this:

1) Launch the game, open the Load Game screen, then quit the game, and attach your output log here.

2) Start a new game, open the menu, choose 'save as' and give it a memorable name. Then quit the game, and attach both your output log and that save file.

3) Are you running with any localizations? Try setting the language back to the default English, quit and restart the game, and see if your save files show up. (If this solves the problem, could you let us know which localization you were using so we can figure out what went wrong?)

Thanks for your patience!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

If there is no debug_enabled.txt in your folder, thats fine. You have to put it there all by yourself. Its no file that comes with the game. If you did not put it there, you will never find one.

Share this comment

Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (ID=0x1380)

Driver:   23.21.13.8813

Start with installing the latest drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/140356

and attach a fresh log after that.

If that's not enough, open %appdata%\..\locallow in your file browser and *rename* the klei folder and rerun the game, this will reset any setting and allow the game to re-create these files.

Edited by krop
link to the windows 8.1 driver

Share this comment