My mechanical Doors rusted shut.

zzKratoszz
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Cycle 264. Two doors. Cycle 273. Less doors.

Edit: Almost forgot. At some point (for an unrelated bug) between the 2 screen shots I did have to save and reload to fix my farm station not working.

liP7qeD.jpg

B8TxNYG.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Step 1. Build mechanical doors out of iron ore. Step 2. Ignore them until they rust shut. Step 3. Profit.

User Feedback

Good news. I still have them. I spent 0 seconds of my 9 cycles anywhere near the doors so I have no idea when this happened. But I did save/load at some point to fix my farm station. Basically the game was never closed but I did visit the main menu. I did have to save/load every 10 cycles or so to fix stuff during the beta. But in this instance I know for sure there was only 1 save/load between these save files.

Tragic Spacecamp Cycle 264.sav

Tragic Spacecamp.sav

Share this comment

Turns out I had something similar happen. I had mechanical doors that I went to deconstruct. As part of the deconstruct process, instead of dropping the copper ore, the door turned INTO copper ore (and entombed my poor duplicant). Perhaps there's a difference between deconstructing and deconstructing when the door is open? Hopefully this helps the developers.

Unfortunately it happened so quickly I did not get a save, but I was able to get a screen shot real quick.

20180211-4.thumb.png.4195b30a409f71f5ddedee3f1421dce7.png

Share this comment