Micro Musher Destroying Meal Lice

ImNotGood42
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

You can queue up lice loaf using almost all available meal lice and then a few seconds later the queued meal lice will change colors and the tool tip will say not enough meal lice.

I was originally confusing the fact that it was delivering 2000g of meal lice to make 1200 kcal but that does not change the problem that the meal lice is being destroyed by the microbe musher.

After further observation the problem is that when you queue the lice loaf it subtracts 1200 kcal from your available meal lice.  When the dup then delivers the meal lice is subtracts 1200 kcals again.  This  is then double counting the meal lice to make 1 lice loaf which is why you all of a sudden don't have enough meal lice when you queue up most of your available lice for loaf.

Edited based on comments below and future observations.

Steps to Reproduce
Edited based on further information: 1) Queue mush loaf in Microbe Musher it reduces the available kcals of meal lice by 1200. 2) Wait for meal lice to be delivered and it reduces the available kcals of meal lice by 1200 again.

User Feedback

Are you sure you're not mistaking kg with kcal?

It's kinda confusing that all the cooking recipes put the requirements in kcal, but they do (why? because different foods are more nutritional than others for their weight. kcal tracks how much they feed your dupes, kg tracks how much can be carried/space they take in storage.) Liceloaf in the preview takes 1200 kilocalories (or if you prefer, Calories) of meal lice, which would weigh 2000 grams, so the mushing shouldn't be destroying your meal lice.

Edited by Foefaller
  • Like 1

Share this comment

You are right it was delivering 2000 grams.  I watched it real close and what is happening is as soon as you queue the lice loaf it reduces the available meal lice by 1200 kcal and then when it is delivered it is subtracting another 1200 kcal.  This is where the problem is.  It is using twice the amount of kcals that it is supposed to which is why I keep getting the not enough meal lice warning.  The musher is destroying meal lice.

Share this comment

no 1000 grams of meal lice is 600kcal so 2kg = 1200kcal  You are confusing weight of material with calorie count value, these are different numbers.

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment

Kcal are only accumulated when they're on acessible floor space, not spoken for by a qued request, or in appropriate and accesible storage containers ... and nowhere else. The vanishing of kcals happens during delivery and processing. So if you que up a bunch of liceloaf, you'll loose that kcal to the que instantly.

The same thing happens with all materials - build and fab included - they're all treated equally in the eyes of the accumulator.

Dupes picking up food also makes it appear as though kcals are disappearing until they're delivered to storage or dropped.

I had this same materials problem when upgrading my electric grid to conductive wire - my gofers were interfering with the accumulator values. However, these things are set up such that build and fab orders can sometimes be placed without access to the underlying ingredients.

Edited by The Plum Gate

Share this comment

I am not saying it is wrong that the kcal get subtracted when you queue the lice loaf.  The problem is they get subtracted when they are queued and then get subtracted again when they are delivered.   The Microbe Musher itself thinks there is not enough meal lice to make the loaf even though there was enough when I queued it.

Share this comment