Materials stored incorrectly

Wibbly Wobbly
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

This has been posted here before, but it looks like it was ignored.

Buildings end up with materials inside them that it simply shouldn't be possible to to store.

compost.png.f3edd3c1f4833cbcc685c959ace7aba3.png  compost2.png.5b25edf07b0ddaae9b77b82b5fd25171.png  diffuser.png.801562ae9e27cd3d7e603eedce3b4d19.png

Plastic in the compost? Phosphorite in the oxygen diffuser? Clearly this is not right.

Steps to Reproduce

Play any game for a while.

User Feedback

Just because a bug persists, does not mean, it was ignored. It means, they´ve either had not the time for this yet, rated the bug minor, and other things comes first, or they just dont find the culprint. 

Share this comment

Once, for older version of the game, dupes have packed some coal into fridge. Yes, I was loudly thinking, there was so much coal they could eat it, but I wouldn't think they would hear me... Happend once, long time ago, so I attach thing just only for amusement.unknown.png

Share this comment

I have a storage compactor for Bleach Stone at a higher priority. Suddenly today, on game load, it also had Reed Fiber selected and 1000g already in there. I am absolutely sure I did not select that, since the very next thing the dupes did after loading was moving large amounts of Reed Fiber there. It also happens when loading my last manual save before, which is from 4 or so cycles earlier and with another auto-save in between. (Did not try the others.)

This may be the same problem, just more obvious because that container can actually accept the material and dupes start shifting masses of it there immediately after loading.

Attached is the last manual where this happens. And I have had this once before in exactly the same compactor (with polluted dirt being added, I think) but thought that I must have messed this up myself. Not so.

Steps to reproduce: Load attached save, un-pause and wait a few seconds, then seem masses of dupes shift Reed Fiber to the only storage compactor with Bleach Stone.

Oh, and when I try to load another save after this one, the game seems to be going into an endless loop at least some times and never finishes loading.

For a while now, I have also been finding the random tile or inverter or the like in places where I most definitely did not build them after loading the game. Something is definitely broken in the save/load code.

v051.sav

Edited by Gurgel

Share this comment

This appears to be fixed. Nicely done Klei.

On 5/29/2020 at 11:58 PM, SharraShimada said:

Just because a bug persists, does not mean, it was ignored. It means, they´ve either had not the time for this yet, rated the bug minor, and other things comes first, or they just dont find the culprint. 

Keep this to yourself in the future.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Wibbly Wobbly said:

This appears to be fixed. Nicely done Klei.

Keep this to yourself in the future.

And you tell me why?

What did you offend so hard?

Share this comment