Liquids behaving weirdly beyond 10,000kg

ArunPrasath
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Tried to stuff in as much liquid inside bunker walls - it said it can withstand extreme pressures right?

Setup: enclosed a room completely with bunker walls. All 4 sides.

Tried to stuff 99,999kg initially. Started cracking.

Then went down to 20,000. Still cracked.

Then even went to 10,000. Same problem.

Then i noticed, the liquids start congregating at one point leading to extreme pressures at that point. I guess this is why the bunker walls were breaking.

This congregation is not at the bottom as would be natural. Its congregating randomly even at the very top of the enclosed room. When the congregation appeared near the walls, the bunker walls are cracking.

This congregation should not even happen and should work as normal.

When I painted 99,999kg, the bunker walls held. Otherwise, it should start cracking all around. But only after the congregation the sides started cracking randomly.

This congregation increases the pressure to as high as 250,000 in a tile!!!

Please see attached save file. I've painted 20,000kg water in a bunker enclosed room. But pressure started fluctuating randomly leading to some tiles having 3000kg and some as high as 130000kg

image.thumb.png.7868e2eb019c390732e193de8dec4303.png

Radical Spacerock.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Please see description and attached save file.

User Feedback

While its not intended behavior, i dont see a bug here. 

Without debug-mode you´ll never get that amount of water in a tank. 1t per tile, and thats it. 10t is impossible.So, its just a "cheaters" problem, and nothing more.

Share this comment

5 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Without debug-mode you´ll never get that amount of water in a tank.

No. You can do that with three automated doors. No power needed. Overpressure can make only 2 tiles break. If the walls are 3 tiles thick nothing will break through.

image.thumb.png.ed055a2883e5aba8c76c5469fb6f77fe.pngimage.thumb.png.27ff43741bc3ae830e61a595473736bd.png

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 8/14/2018 at 12:49 PM, SharraShimada said:

While its not intended behavior, i dont see a bug here. 

Without debug-mode you´ll never get that amount of water in a tank. 1t per tile, and thats it. 10t is impossible.So, its just a "cheaters" problem, and nothing more.

Absolutely not true.

Overpressurized tanks aren't uncommon "in nature". It can happen if the liquid vent in the tank is covered by a gas pocket, a heavy liquid is deposited on a light liquid (for example: oil drips on water for a long time) and can't escape some other way, a lot of ice melts etc.

Also, oil spawns in overpressurized pockets that also exhibit this behavior. I reported that months ago.

• Like 1

Share this comment