Liquid pump pumping only 2500 g/s

Vilda
  • Pending

Might be intended behaviour if that is the case it is not presented anywhere. Filter anywhere on pipeline seems to reserve some capacity or the line is wonky if having to sources merge.. Tested by swapping two lines between pumps but the problem switched too. Disconnecting the filter under the base, and simplifying route did not help. Might be affected by 2 liquid bridges.

20170321134826_1.jpg

Darkest Dump Cycle 319.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Run the included save

User Feedback

Took forever to find the spot you were talking about. Looking like the branch flip flop for equal distribution still reserves a spot for absent packets on valid paths. Just move the output over on top of the pipe so it'll add it without a branch.

Share this comment

I cut all branches it still does only 2,5. I swapped the pumps, the moment lower pump got connected to that line it started pumping 2.5.

There are only two things left that can be affecting it - 2 liquid bridges on the line or that half of the line is made of insulated pipes. There though is nothing suggesting they have a different throughput and I seen then having 5kg inside.

I am taking the bridges off next.

20170321151554_1.jpg

20170321151737_1.jpg

Share this comment

Well after taking the bridges out and clearing the system before turning on, it still does not reaches 10 kg/s but pipes now include 5kg and 7,5 kg.

Now I am stumped. Spots of polluted water should not be causing it, it should be just pumped. Perhaps effect of fluid dynamic from geysers?

Share this comment

Would appear to just be ticking 4 times a second to reach 10kg. I'll try dropping it to 8kg and see if 2000 appears.

Share this comment

There is indeed an implicit tick rate of 4 times a second on the simulator.
The consumption radius is also not responsible for it. Does the same at old 1 tile radius.

20170321095237_1.jpg

Edited by Risu

Share this comment

and I just noticed that those numbers are affected by the speed of the game... hitting 7,5 - 10 on speed 1

Edited by Vilda

Share this comment

Either simulation is not making the ticks in time, or something is inverted again and lowers the amounts on higher speed instead of making them bigger

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, Vilda said:

and I just noticed that those numbers are affected by the speed of the game... hitting 7,5 - 10 on speed 1

Could be on to something there. I don't see the game speed being relayed to the simulator.

Share this comment

Found the 4.

this.simDT += Time.deltaTime;
if (this.simElapsedTime < 0.25f)
{
	this.simElapsedTime += Time.deltaTime;
	return null;
}
this.simElapsedTime -= 0.25f;

Share this comment

So as I understand it, if the simulation slows down enough or the game speed is high, that it does not check often enough, it skips some ticks?

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, Vilda said:

So as I understand it, if the simulation slows down enough or the game speed is high, that it does not check often enough, it skips some ticks?

Maybe. The simDT gets passed to the conduits so they get the full time scale, but all the messages being retrieved from the simulator are just being limited by that simElapsedTime block.

Share this comment

Because the conduits wait for the simulator to be ready, yet the simulator can only run once per game tick if a quarter of a second has passed, the conduits can build up a large delta time while waiting.

Once the simulator has elapsed at least a quarter of a second it can start running every tick until the elapsed time runs out,
but the conduits are still running far ahead. Can't speed up the 0.25 second either because it's apparently hardcoded over in the simulator since it always send a fourth of the consumption rate every tick.

Share this comment

29 minutes ago, Begeesy said:

I feel like im wrong when i say because pipes can only take 2500 g/s

Pipes can take (at least) 10 kg/s

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, Vilda said:

Pipes can take (at least) 10 kg/s

At most. Though I wish this was tunable from the class config. It's a hardcoded max in the flow process.

Share this comment