I set bottle emptier to empty water. Then my colony "discovered" polluted water, and they started emptying polluted with THE SAME bottle emptier. I never set polluted water it just AUTOCHECKS UPON DISCOVERY? Instant Ragequit mode.

Sidewinder84
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Why does bottle emptier settings change based on discovery of a new material? Seriously made me want to uninstall the game after doing 50 tedious things to prevent "accidents" .... then game bug makes the same mistake without any chance to notify the player or EVEN PREVENT THIS AHEAD OF TIME? 

Steps to Reproduce

Make a bottle emptier and adjust the settings to your preference. Discover some new fluid and watch your preferences go out the window. 

User Feedback

The issue here is that the game doesn't distinguish between "this category is enabled" and "every currently discovered resource in this category is enabled". If you do the latter — say, when you only "know" about Water and not PH2O — then when the filter options are expanded, the game sees that the category is enabled and that the new fluid is in said category, and enables it.

To prove this: discover H2O and PH2O, enable one of them, then discover a third fluid (salt water, perhaps). Notice that your settings do not change. If, however, you have a different emptier on which both were enabled, it will be automatically enabled for the new fluid.

This same behaviour actually applies to all storage with filters, but it's particularly noticeable with bottle emptiers because everything assignable to them is already in the same category, this being "liquids".

Edited by Darael
formatting and expanded example

Share this comment

If you select a single element inside a category that contains only that element, it checks the category as whole. Its a known issue, and it happens also with sand/regolith a lot of times, because untik you discover regolith, sand is the only "filtration medium". 

Yes its annoying. But now you know about it, and you can check it wont happen again. 

This is present for years now, so dont keep your hopes up, this will be fixed.

Share this comment

Guess it could be handy if there was a sort of "Unknown" in each category, that you could uncheck, that would affect all future discoveries.

Share this comment